Titanic Honor and Glory

I’ve lowered my expectations years ago. So if it does come out, I’ll just be pleasantly surprised lol.
Do you or someone else know what is the final end goal of this game? I'm not dissing it at all as I don't know. But is it going to be just like a walk thru or will one be able to drive the ship and see what happens under different scenario's? Just curious.

Do you or someone else know what is the final end goal of this game? I'm not dissing it at all as I don't know. But is it going to be just like a walk thru or will one be able to drive the ship and see what happens under different scenario's? Just curious.

On their website, there used to be a summary of what it was supposed to be, but that has since been removed. From what I can recall, it was a full game with missions and goals that followed a fictitious plot surrounding a robbery and a flee to NYC. It began on April 10th and ended with the sinking (your goal was to survive with all the evidence you gathered). I know many people only care about walking the ship and seeing it sink, but some other people were interested in seeing the historical recreation of Southhampton and having objectives.

Me personally, I'd just like to explore the ship and see it sink (but that's where my personal interests are).

On their website, there used to be a summary of what it was supposed to be, but that has since been removed. From what I can recall, it was a full game with missions and goals that followed a fictitious plot surrounding a robbery and a flee to NYC. It began on April 10th and ended with the sinking (your goal was to survive with all the evidence you gathered). I know many people only care about walking the ship and seeing it sink, but some other people were interested in seeing the historical recreation of Southhampton and having objectives.

Me personally, I'd just like to explore the ship and see it sink (but that's where my personal interests are).
Ok thanks for the reply. I was hoping it might be something like MS Flight Simulator. Where you can try different things like barrel rolling a 747 (usually ends badly). But I guess if they complete it at all it would be a milestone for them.

Do you find it probable that the lights “snapped out” or more of a slow fade in their most recent animation?
First, I now realize that what Rose F. was asking about was an alleged oil light on the mainmast , not the electrical masthead light on the foremast, that was still lit as Titanic went under as noted by an eyewitness. Sorry for my misunderstanding. I know about the claim, but I don't know if there is an support to back it up.

As for how the lights went out when the break occurred, as electrical lines snapped a group of light would go out at once. According to Beesley, he described the lights going out and then a flicker of coming back on for a flash. For whatever its worth:
"As she swung up, her lights, which had shone without a flicker all night, went out suddenly, came on again for a single flash, then went out altogether." How much of this was Beesley taking a little dramatic license, I cannot say.

I like the new features in v2.1 though the background music is sometimes a little quirky.

The last time I stepped on board the band was already playing "Nearer my God to Thee"!

1714485112302.jpg

On one of their recent streams, I don't remember which one exactly, James said it's now more of a digital museum than a game, and I'm pretty sure he said there wouldn't be like a story mode where you're trying to survive the sinking, but you'll be able to walk around and collect information. I personally am more interested in what you suggested—seeing the historical recreation of Southampton and having objectives. I think trying to escape the ship while it's sinking would give me anxiety lol

On one of their recent streams, I don't remember which one exactly, James said it's now more of a digital museum than a game, and I'm pretty sure he said there wouldn't be like a story mode where you're trying to survive the sinking, but you'll be able to walk around and collect information. I personally am more interested in what you suggested—seeing the historical recreation of Southampton and having objectives. I think trying to escape the ship while it's sinking would give me anxiety lol

To be fair, the digital museum seems way more realistic for a team of their size and volunteer type of workforce.

Back