A Plan To Put Queen Mary Back Into Service But It Seems Too Good To Be True

>>she would gain alot more interest there<<

Unfortunately, maritime museums and attractions are in as much trouble in the U.K. as in the U.S.A. and the current economic troubles aren't helping.

>>i knwo there are difficulties of transportation,<<

More then just difficulties. The fact that the engine rooms have been gutted have had the effect of rendering the ship very top heavy. I'm sure if somebody were to find a way to crunch the numbers, her stabilty curves would be pretty frightening.

I wouldn't bank on there being more interest over here in the UK. There seem to be a lot of Titanic museums and 'attractions' doing business in the US, but we don't have any here (no demand). Besides, we've already got the real Queen Mary moored in the Thames alongside Waterloo Bridge!

136226.jpg

Many years ago I recall Japan expressing interest in purchasing QM 1. Turns out it would cost more money to make the vessel sea-worthy, just enough for the voyage to Japan, than a would be profitable venture. According to Bob's photograph, there should be some names changes...QM1 @ Long Beach QM2, the current sailing QM2 = QM3.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Well, if that's an example of retired vessels in the UK, then it's a very good thing indeed that the phoney Queen Mary found her way to Long Beach... :0

Wasn't your real, (though with pretty much no original interiors at all) Queen Mary recently sold with a deadline closing in soon to remove her from her location on the Thames?

She's still there now, Kyle, and looked to be doing good business (probably better than her namesake!) on the occasions when I've been aboard over the last few months. Had a couple of million spent on refurbishment a year or two back. That's as much as I know.

Back