A Titanic Mystery: Exploring the Escape of Robert W. Daniel

In fact, he probably quietly boarded one of the starboard side forward lifeboats, where he would have encountered no resistance from the crew.
It couldn't have been lifeboat number 7 or 3. I also don't believe he was in lifeboat number 5 as the boat by my counting is getting very full compared to the estimates given.

Based on the account of Jack Thayer we know he was on-board the Titanic shortly before 2:00 o'clock after all.

Based on the account of Jack Thayer we know he was on-board the Titanic shortly before 2:00 o'clock after all.
Jack Thayer made quite a few improbable remarks - like Ismay's hair turning white on board the Carpathia etc - and so I would not give too much cradence to what he said. At one stage I believed that there might be something in Jack's comment that it was McElroy who fired those two shots into the air when some people tried to rush Collapsible C but over time I changed my mind.

It couldn't have been lifeboat number 7 or 3. I also don't believe he was in lifeboat number 5 as the boat by my counting is getting very full compared to the estimates given.
I also dont think that Daniel was on #7 or #5....and he did not appear to be on Lifeboat #1. But I still think Lifeboat #3 is a possibility.

Back