Anything new by Ken Marschall

Hi there,

I hope this topic hasn't been brought up before (I apologize if it has, but this message board is so HUGE that I don't have the time to search through it all over!)
Anyway, I deeply adore Ken Marschall's artwork (I still remember how completely stunned I was when I browsed through "Titanic - An Illustrated History" for the very first time), and I just wonder if he's about to publish anything new? It's been some years since his last major book ("Ken Marschall's Art of Titanic") was published, and the painting of the SS Catalania is his most recent work I know. Does anyone of you know if there's any new liner-related artwork in the pipeline?

Hi Soenke,
There is some nice new material by Marschall in Don Lynch's lateset book from 2003, Ghosts of the Abyss. A Journey Into the Heart of the Titanic. And to a lesser extent in the children's version of the same book, Titanic: Ghosts of the Abyss by Mireille Majoor.

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Hi Soenke
I recently bought a second-hand copy of 'Lost Liners' which has quite a number of paintings by Ken Marschall. Have you got this book?

Hi!

@Michael: Yes, you're right, I completely forgot "Ghosts of the Abyss". The German version contains a nice "half-new" Marschall painting with Medusa and the Mirs floating around and above Titanic's wreck.
@Ernie: Yes, I bought "Lost Liners" some time ago. It considerably deepened my interest in other liners than Titanic, so I actually owe Robert Ballard a favor...! I particularly like the painting of the Normandie, but the other ones are excellent, too.

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it!
Best regards, Soenke

Hi Soenke!

Erstmal Herzlich Wilkommen hier! :)

Wenn du ein wenig aktuelles von Ken lesen willst schau doch mal auf www.LostLiners.de in den Titanic Bereich. Dort gibt es seit ca. 2 Wochen ein Interview mit Ken (in Deutsch und in Englisch). Das wird dich bestimmt interessieren.

@all: End of German :)

Ken Marschall is amazing. I actually credit his work for my fascination with the Titanic. When I was 8 years old I saw a painting he did of the ship sinking. I'm not sure what it is called, but it absolutely captured me. I've been a fan of his and a historian of the ship ever since.

Ken is by far my favorite historian dealing with the Titanic, and probably my favorite on anything. I just love his entusiasm. He really gives off this sense of utter love for this ship, which we all know he has, and I completely share along with him. He is truly amazing and really has such a talent in showing the beauty of the ship through his art.
happy.gif

Back