Are there any books similar to Wyn Craig Wade about the British Inquiry?

Tim Gerard

I'm about half-way through "Titanic, End of a Dream" by Wyn Craig Wade right now, which for anyone who might not know focuses on the US Senate inquiry into the sinking. It's much better than I was expecting it to be. Does anyone know if any similar books were written about the British inquiry? I know the transcripts of both inquiries, along with the Limitation of Liability Hearings, are online, but Wade's book has details that you don't see from the transcripts, such as the spectator's reaction to Fleet contradicting Lightoller on the usefulness of binoculars, or how William Alden Smith supported his family at a young age in Michigan by selling popcorn on the streets.

I've looked online, mainly on Amazon, and the closest I found was a paperback printed copy of the actual transcript of the US Senate inquiry (which I already have), and a docudrama that's roughly 1 hour long of the British inquiry questioning the crew of the Californian.

I'm not aware of any. I have the Titanic Inquiry Project bookmarked for use as well as the complete transcripts of both inquiries, but other than Wyn Craig Wade's work, I'm not aware of anybody else who attempted anything like it.

If one such exists dealing with the Mersey Wreck Commission, I'd love to have it.

Back