C deck cabin help

Mr.Olympic

Hello and good day everyone! Discovered this forum in my search for information and I’m hopeful that someone here can help :)

I recently received my first artifact from the RMS Olympic as a birthday gift, it being a (super) small piece of “dentil” moulding from a first class cabin. I’m confident in its authenticity coming from John White and WSM and I’m honored to have it!

However, I’m having trouble confirming which cabin it could have come from. It’s stated as coming from cabin c82 “birch suite” but in photos or renderings of this space I see no such pattern, but I DO see this pattern in cabins like c69 in the Empire style. WSM has other moulding sold from cabin c82 and I DO see those patterns in photos. Perhaps I’ve missed it?
I’ve searched the internet far and wide looking for photos and info, even looking at Olympics auction sold list for clues!
So I guess I’m just hoping someone could help me figure this out, simple mistake in listing which cabin in came from? Maybe the numbers changed after the refit? Perhaps it’s just my eyes? Lol. And is it also true that the Prince of Wales stayed in cabin c82?? :eek: Any and all info is appreciated! Thank you!

Below I have included photos. 1- “cabin c82” 2- “cabin c69 in empire style” with suspected match circled top right corner 3 - the moulding artifact
IMG_1824.jpg
IMG_1826.jpeg
IMG_1811.jpeg

Back