Carpathia "The Most Famous Rescue Ship In the World"

smoke.gif
With an eye on twelve shipwrecks, it looks like their trying to get their hands in the whole cookie factory!

In all fairness, they are a business. If they didn't look for other opportunities, there would be hell to pay with the stockholders!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

RMST, the world leader in shipwreck exploitation. "You discover, We'll recover!"

It always seemed odd that RMST would put little signs all around the relics on display in their exhibits that say: "Please do not touch".
As if that rule applies to everyone else, but them.

Just my opinions.

Yuri

Forgive me for not posting sooner, friends, but interesting information has been printed on these pages.

To David Hudson, please be informed that George Tulloch has not been involved with RMSTI since November of 1999. If you're going to accuse, accuse the right person.

To Henning Pfiefer and others, be very careful. On a different message board, people printed quite a few questions and comments similar to these. Seven members were sued by RMSTI's president, Arnie Geller, for $1 million dollars each, because these comments "hurt his company". I have first hand knowledge of this suit.

Graham Jessop purchased the rights to the Carpathia from the Receiver of Wreck. This is the governmental agency in the UK responsible for many areas of underwater legal applications. It is believed, but not confirmed, that Jessop paid somewhere in the $150 range to purchase the ship's rights. This happened shortly after the discovery of the Carpathia by Clive Cussler.

RMSTI had purchased twelve 'treasure maps' from Jessop for 600,000 shares of stock valued at $900,000. These treasure maps were returned, along with ANOTHER 1.1+ million shares of stock for the rights to Carpathia.

Dr. Cussler says the ship's bell is recoverable, but little else.

The 10-K statement that Henning printed above contains an obvious error. How can an entity put a value on "intangible assets"?

Bill Willard

hello Bill,

Thank you very much for these informations. I just have quoted what is to be found from everybody by surfing through the net, and I did not comment it. I furthermore gave informations to the source: "the Archives of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)" including the web address where the quotation is taken from. If RMST wants to sue anybody specially because of these informations they should turn their anger against the SEC that is spreading its Archives on the web.

How do you like that; the article quoted something I said, to wit,"Talk about grade A stupid PR moves." It's a comment which in the objective sense is entirely true as well. Sooner or later, when this gets to court, everything is going to be brought out in public and inevitably, it'll become a free speech issue. When that happens, then win or lose, RMSTI loses. As poorly as their stock is doing, the sort of bad publicity that will come their way is something they don't need.

RMSTI may or may not be the wronged party in this and I'll gladly accept whatever the evidence points to and let the chips fall where they may. IMO, the best way to counter the allegations, if they are indeed false, is to present the artifacts alleged to have been "allowed to rot" for the whole world to see. In short, settle it in a public way that can't be refuted.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Hello Michael,

The court date was July 12, 2001. For those of you who do not know, I am one of the seven sued by Geller and RMSTI.

The case was dismissed in a Federal court in NY. RMSTI had certain sanctions stipulated when the decision was rendered to dismiss. We're still awaiting the signed papers from the Judge.

The statements mostly were opinion statements. Everything stated by me I believed to be true. Many were about the artifacts, but most were about business dealings by the CEO and others. Including the points Henning has mentioned and MANY others.

The expedition at the wreck site of Carpathia now may provide an interesting scenario. RMST has purchased the rights of the salvage from the UK government. Anything recovered by this expedition team will legally belong to RMST, but RMST must pay a reward to the recoverers. I'm anxious to see how they will afford such sums based on the recent 10-Q.

Bill Willard

Thanks Bill. It Should be interesting to see how this all comes out. I hope you can keep us up to date on what's going on. (Just what kind of sanctions are we talking about anyway?)

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Back