Casting the Ultimate Titanic Movie

thought i'd add my 2 cents...in regards to the ultimate Titanic movie..sort of the same angle Michael Standart mentioned earlier, as far as showing more of the outside story..so, instead of filming the story of the Titanic approaching the impending doom, reverse it and show the impending doom approaching the Titanic....you can include scenes of all the little "omens" that occurred prior to the voyage, and even show the dreaded iceberg going "topsy turvy" in the dark, moments before impact...(heck, you might even go as far as beginning the movie in "1910", showing the iceberg breaking off the glacier to begin it's journey !!)
just a thought..
The 1953 "Titanic" does begin with a scene showing the iceberg breaking off the glacier.

Let's go with the following:

Captain Smith: Stephen Dillane (Game of Thrones, Stannis Baratheon)
Chief Officer Wilde: Colin Farrell (True Detective, Detective Ray Velcoro)
First Officer Murdoch: James McAvoy (Foyle's War, Ray Pritchard)
Second Officer Lightoller: Kenneth Branagh (Dunkirk, Commander Bolton, RN)
Third Officer Pitman: Cillian Murphy (The Wind That Shakes the Barley, Damien O'Donovan)
Fourth Officer Boxhall: Tom Hardy (Mad Max, Max Rockatansky)
Fifth Officer Lowe: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Game of Thrones, Jaime Lannister)
Sixth Officer Moody: Tom Hopper (Black Sails, Billy Bones Manderly)

As far as passengers go:

Colonel Astor: Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight, Harvey "Two Face" Dent)
Madeleine Astor: Willow Shields (The Hunger Games, Primrose Everdeen)

Drawing a blank for the rest, but if we're doing "Propeller Guy", let's make it DiCaprio.

Hell, we'll have the instrumental from "My Heart Will Go On" when he bounces off and spins down in slow-mo to the water.

ohhh! this is such a hard choice but here are my picks for the key crew i'm sure ill update this later when i come up with better choices and when I do the 1st class passengers
(some people have been omitted for the sake of keeping the list short and keeping it to the key crew members that would be vocal points of the film)

CREW

Thomas Andrews: Billy Cater or Victor Garber reprising their roles
Capt. E.J. Smith: Patrick Page
J. Bruce Ismay: James Frain
Chief Officer Henry Wilde: Henry Cavill
1st Officer William Mcmaster Murdoch: Aaron Tveit
2nd Officer Charles Herbert Lightoller: Ben Crawford
5th Officer Harold Godfrey Lowe: Corey Cott
6th Officer James Paul Moody: Johnathan Bailey
Harold Bride: Derek Klena
Jack Phillips: Ruari O'Connor

Feel free to start a friendly conversation but keep it civil please, these are just my opinions!

ohhh! this is such a hard choice but here are my picks for the key crew i'm sure ill update this later when i come up with better choices and when I do the 1st class passengers
(some people have been omitted for the sake of keeping the list short and keeping it to the key crew members that would be vocal points of the film)

CREW

Thomas Andrews: Billy Cater or Victor Garber reprising their roles
Capt. E.J. Smith: Patrick Page
J. Bruce Ismay: James Frain
Chief Officer Henry Wilde: Henry Cavill
1st Officer William Mcmaster Murdoch: Aaron Tveit
2nd Officer Charles Herbert Lightoller: Ben Crawford
5th Officer Harold Godfrey Lowe: Corey Cott
6th Officer James Paul Moody: Johnathan Bailey
Harold Bride: Derek Klena
Jack Phillips: Ruari O'Connor

Feel free to start a friendly conversation but keep it civil please, these are just my opinions!
I truly must be a dinosaur now because I don't know who any of those actors are with the exception of Victor Garber. Never heard of them before.

I truly must be a dinosaur now because I don't know who any of those actors are with the exception of Victor Garber. Never heard of them before.
LOL don't worry Steven, neither do I. I don't watch a lot of movies, personally, except Star Wars, Titanic, and some others here and there lol

Oh and horror movies

I might be the only person on the planet who thinks this, but I almost think Lin Manuel Miranda could pull off playing either Jack Thayer or Wallace Hartley. Then again, I might also be the only person on the planet who would be interested in seeing Idris Elba playing Captain Smith.

Don't worry, Henry Cavill is the only one on that list I've heard of that hasn't already been in something Titanic related, specifically playing Thomas Andrews (Cavill is most well-known for Superman but I recognize him from "Man From U.N.C.L.E.")

I might be the only person on the planet who thinks this, but I almost think Lin Manuel Miranda could pull off playing either Jack Thayer or Wallace Hartley. Then again, I might also be the only person on the planet who would be interested in seeing Idris Elba playing Captain Smith.

Don't worry, Henry Cavill is the only one on that list I've heard of that hasn't already been in something Titanic related, specifically playing Thomas Andrews (Cavill is most well-known for Superman but I recognize him from "Man From U.N.C.L.E.")
Never heard of him either. But that's my fault. After the LOTR movies I pretty much gave up on the entertainment industry. There's some shows I watch but they are far and few in between. It's why 90% of the time when my tv is on it's usually TCM or DIY. Cheers.

wait oh my gosh Lin as Wallace is GENIUS!

Me either, a good friend of mine has shown me a couple that I've enjoyed but nothing beyond that. She's awesome, smart, I do genuinely like them, I've just never Had the time to explore the subject further.

Best of luck!

Back