Charles Cresson Jones

I hope someone can help me, I have a copy of the 1912 Memorial Edition of the Sinking of the Titanic that belonged to Mrs. C.C.Jones. Charles Cresson Jones perished on the Titanic, his body was recovered #80. He worked for the Colgate family as Estate manager. His wife Ida moved to Lake Crystal MN.the book has been signed on the fly leaf To Mrs C.C.Jones Lake Crystal. Any ideas on what I should insure this for would help

Thank you, we have had this for probably 20 years, I have found out a lot about C.C. Jones since then. Can you tell me if the author of the book gave copies to the survivors or families of those that died?

Does anyone have any information on Charles Cresson Jones other than the fact that he died with the sinking of the Titanic?
Charles Cresson Jones worked on the Colgate Estate, he went to England to purchase sheep for the estate. I found that he was a leader in the sheep & wool industry at the time. He evidently had some health issues as he moved to Texas & began a ranch there before moving back to Vermont. He had an older brother that moved to Texas also & he ran a sheep ranch as well as being the local Dr. He died in 1907 from typhoid fever. His father Stacy Jones was a leading Dr in Washington DC. C.C. Jones married Ida Amelia Garfield about 1890. She moved to Lake Crystal Mn. after his death

Back