Charles John HURST

Miss Lisa J Beare said:
Charles John Hurst, known to family and friends as 'Jack', was my great grandfather, who lived at 3,Laundry Road, Shirley Warren. He had 4 children, Leonard, Michael, Herbert and Gladys, who was my grandmother. They moved to 1,Laundry Road, where I lived up until one year ago. Glad had 2 daughters, Janet and Diane, my mother.I'd be interested in getting in touch as we seem to be related. How do you fit into our family tree?
Michael Hurst was not his true name. His real name was Louis Frank Hurst. His daughter Pauline confirmed to me that everyone called him Mick but did not know why. My mother told me that I was named after Uncle ‘Mick’ and Pauline confirmed it. I knew Uncle Mick, his wife Hilda and their daughters Pauline and Mercia when they lived in Nursling. I can tell you some facts about them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Clive Keevil said:
Hello again!
I am Clive Keevil. My mother was Pauline Hurst, daughter of Michael Hurst (Mick) (Michael, son of Charles Hurst). He was with his relative Walter Hurst who survived via Lifeboat B.

I moved to Australia in 2000 and now have a grandson, 7 months, who we are putting together a family tree and a family history. Any references would help as we don't want this event to be forgotten.

As mum and dad have now passed we are the new torch bearers within our section of the family. Any contacts, info would be welcome

Stay safe

Clive Keevil
I knew your mother Pauline, her parents ‘Mick’ (real name Louis Frank Hurst) visited their house/shop in Nursling as a young boy. I have real stories to tell of them. Anty Hilda was my mothers sister!

Hello Michael,

Please note that Lisa Beare is not a member of the forum and hasn't accessed it, in 18 years. Therefore, it is unlikely she will see your post.

Hello again!
I am Clive Keevil. My mother was Pauline Hurst, daughter of Michael Hurst (Mick) (Michael, son of Charles Hurst). He was with his relative Walter Hurst who survived via Lifeboat B.

I moved to Australia in 2000 and now have a grandson, 7 months, who we are putting together a family tree and a family history. Any references would help as we don't want this event to be forgotten.

As mum and dad have now passed we are the new torch bearers within our section of the family. Any contacts, info would be welcome

Stay safe

Clive Keevil

Hi Clive.
How do we make contact direct to share family history other than related to Titanic disaster? My email address is [email protected] so please get in touch.
Kind regards, Mike Hansford, cousin of your mother Pauline

Back