Could the Bow Have Risen?

In my break up theory which is a composite of Roger Long's, Park Stevenson's 2006 Theory, 1998 Three Section Break Up and James Cameron's 2017 theory. I had that the reason why the back end of the bow was risen for a moment. The middle section was still connected to the Stern and the Bow and as the Stern starts to list to port the back end of the bow rose up before it goes underwater disconnected from the Keel.
With 38,000 tons of water in her, I don't see how any part of the bow could have possibly risen. The bow was being pulled down by the enormous weight and completely submerged. It simply may have been due to the ship righting herself from the port list, just before she took the slight but definite plunge forward at 2:15 a.m. You do realize that Roger Long's theory was theorized before the missing middle section was found, do you not?

With 38,000 tons of water in her, I don't see how any part of the bow could have possibly risen. The bow was being pulled down by the enormous weight and completely submerged. It simply may have been due to the ship righting herself from the port list, just before she took the slight but definite plunge forward at 2:15 a.m. You do realize that Roger Long's theory was theorized before the missing middle section was found, do you not?
I realised that the Roger Long theory was made before the missing middle section was found. Yeah, thanks for correcting that if there a way to improve it? I am making my own sinking theory on onlyoffice desktop editor which is a composite of Park Stephenson, Roger Long and 2017 James Cameron theories from the 20th anniversary NationalGeo documentary for the Final Plunge. Should I remove the Roger Long theory or keep it in but make some changes to it?

Last edited:
So what should I replace Mr. Long theory with?

Whatever any ACTUAL testing supports.
Keep in mind that in science, a theory is a well-tested and highly probably summary and explanation of observed fact.
We know for example that the Titanic's hull girder failed as she went down, hence the breakup.
Any theory which explains the how and why has to have some sort of objective testing data to back it up, BUT it's subject to revision and even being falsified by new testing and evidence.

I would recommend taking a look at more recent sinking theories, put out by Titanic Animations and the authors of "On A Sea of Glass: The Life & Loss Of The RMS Titanic". These align more with survivor accounts:

I’ve loved the OASOG animation since it came out. It accurately depicts the shower of sparks that many talked about, it shows the stern sitting horizontally for an appropriate amount of time (many thought it was going to float), and it shows the stern settling back as a gentle pace. The middle section collapsing also allows room for breakup area discrepancies among survivors and portrays the “middle” part that some in the boats mentioned during the break.

Back