JJAstorII

I'm curious if anyone knows... It just dawned on me, I've never seen any of the Crown Derby china from the A La Carte restaurant show up in any footage or artifact exhibits. Considering that even the rare Lancaster pattern of Spodes cobalt china was found in the debris field, how could none of the Derby china never show up? Especially considering the restaurant was where the breakup was, you'd think that china would also be all over the debris field like the other china pieces.

Anyone have any ideas?

The A La Carte Restaurant was behind the break area, the room was destroyed and the content blown out (wreckage of wood was recovered in 1912) it is very likely that most of the china got broken. I am not quite sure if some china was recovered or not.

The A La Carte Restaurant was behind the break area, the room was destroyed and the content blown out (wreckage of wood was recovered in 1912) it is very likely that most of the china got broken. I am not quite sure if some china was recovered or not.
Oh yea, I mean I'm sure the A La Carte was completely destroyed by the break, but surely one piece out of thousands would've survived, at the very least a broken piece? It's just super strange to me that, again, the more rare Lancaster Spode pattern has been seen but never the Crown Derby one. I've never seen it mentioned or photographed.

Back