Cruise Ship revitalization

The lanai cabins were previously oceanview cabins with a small window that overlooked the promenade deck. The window has been replaced with the sliding door and floor to ceiling window.

>>Glad you're noticing Michael ;)<<

This sort of thing always gets my attention even if I don't say anything. In a way, it's a lot like old home week for me since I've been on ships which have gone through drydock availabilities. The mess and the dirt are all too familier.

I really like the idea of converting the basic oceanview cabins on the promenade deck to the lanai cabins (second photo down). They cut out the small window and replaced it with the sliding glass door with mirrored outside for privacy. The room is still very tiny to have a walkway to the outside door, but the effect of the lighting and view of a floor to ceiling window makes it well worth it in my opinion. The doors automatically close after about a minute. The wooden deck chairs are also reserved for that adjacent cabin. I think I would like this grade of cabin since one of my favorite things on cruises is people watching.

Back