Deepest part of wreck explored

There is a theory that the ship rode over an underwater shelf and there is damage to the double bottom.
See these links:

it would be great to see the damage from the inside, if its not too late.
I doubt very much that RMS Titanic Inc., (salvor in possession) is going to rip open the hull to view the damage from the inside, and to prove or disprove the speculation, that the ship grounded. First of all, it would take an enormous amount of equipment to open the hull even further and a ton of money. Second, each boiler room is sealed by a watertight door making it impossible for a ROV to travel between boiler rooms. A ROV would have to take the long way down and it is quite possible, that it would end up being lost - similar to what happened in 2001, during filming of Ghosts of the Abyss. Third, opening up the hull would accelerate the deterioration by ten fold.

During his expedition in 2005, James Cameron attempted to explore Scotland Road but could not get far, due to amount of debris blocking access.

Yes you are right about the US and helium, and it added fuel to the fire ( no disrespect or pun intended ) for the Nazi's when they took over Germany's Zeppelin Factory and airships. It infuriated them and Goering in particular. They knew fully of the dangers of hydrogen but their sense of superiority in disregarding the danger always reminded me greatly of too few life boats on the Titanic. Egos of little men in big positions; for me the parallels are immense. There's the need for that word hubris again. And, I would gladly join you on an airship flight. To this day, I'm disappointed that the Titanic II proposed and teased by the billionaire never happened; I would seriously have booked passage! Also am fascinated of the whole Hindenburg era; maybe one day another billionaire will propose a true version like the ones being imagined on the internet. Sign me up!
Yes, Clive Palmer disappointed a lot of people, and it continues. Lots of sites have posted old optimistic pages (free content) and readers new to the info wait expectantly for a ship that will never come. Lots of known professional designers were said to be working on Titanic II, but nothing was ever revealed. Interestingly, to my knowledge none of them complained about their names being used or associated with the project. Some said they had signed a PDF not to discuss, so some money must have changed hands. Another disappointment is the landlocked Romandisea Titanic. Work has stopped again and the principles aren’t responding to queries.

They’re right on the money, Steven—I’ve worked in manufacturing plants most of my life. “Safety rules are written in blood” is stressed by every operation with a good safety record!
Yes that safety quote is probably one of the most common but also one of the most relevant in industry. Where I spent my career. The one most applicable to me these days is " don't let your 18 year old brain get your 50 year old body into trouble". Or older.

Getting back to Titanic, I would like to know if the wounds in the ship's plating have been seen from the interior of the ship. Obviously the exterior is 8 meters under the mud.
Yes. The plate separation from inside was filmed by an ROV. If you click on the video at the bottom of thread I'll post you can see it. FF to around the 19 min mark if you don't want to watch the whole video. Cheers.

Yes that safety quote is probably one of the most common but also one of the most relevant in industry. Where I spent my career. The one most applicable to me these days is " don't let your 18 year old brain get your 50 year old body into trouble". Or older.
I’m right there with you! And finally starting to accept the realities of having a 50 year old body—not a moment too soon!

On the Titanic, I suspect that just maybe future generations will know a little more about things deep within the wreck than we do, as nature takes its course. It is frustrating that most of the iceberg damage is so inaccessible.

I’m right there with you! And finally starting to accept the realities of having a 50 year old body—not a moment too soon!

On the Titanic, I suspect that just maybe future generations will know a little more about things deep within the wreck than we do, as nature takes its course. It is frustrating that most of the iceberg damage is so inaccessible.
Yes. I have thought of that too. Maybe if a plate separates enough or something else opens up they might be able to get an ROV inside to see some things before it collapses and buries itself. Some day ( have no clue when ) it will be declared it's "been long enough" and they will let them do whatever. But by then who knows if it will be even possible to do for many reasons. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back