Dive to the Wreck

Hello everyone!
I'm just curious about this: How much exactly does a dive to the Titanic cost ?
I've heard their will be a new Titanic expedition this summer. If I win a million I might take a trip down there;)

Lars

Hi. Lars: The Dive Adventure came up fairly recently on a U.S. game show as a prize, and the value they assigned was $35,000.00. That might not reflect the true cost, as such shows DO tend to inflate the prices in order to make their merchandise seem that much more impressive, but figure on spending between $30,000 and $40,000 for the experience.

...sorry to report Jean...that includes the confined quarters by three, of a 7' circumferance nickle sphere, for the better part of a work day and a half? Not to mention starving yourself hours in advance. And if starvation should not prevail to act in accoradance with a deep-sea submersible dive...then you will have alternate measures as suffice for your daily metabolic needs...if ya know what I mean.

No bed & breakfeat enroute to the depths of the North Atlanic where the "Queen of the Deep" resides.

BTW, I have not an that opportunity to dive on TITANIC, but coupled with my studies...I can dive as often as I choose with the power of my mind....

Michael Cundiff
USA

The habitat sphere is actually 7' in diameter but with 3 people, all the equipment and instrument panels, it feels like it has a 7' circumferance!
I know you meant to say diameter Michael.
It is US $35,500 for a place on the Titanic Expedition and $37,500 if you want to be the first to see the Bismarck. The same people are looking at the Britannic as another destination but I don't know how possible it is.
You can participate in each expedition as a non-diver for about 10% of the full price.
Lars, if you win a million I'll be your best friend and even your tour guide!!
For that price you get a good bed and a bloody good breakfast. We actually had two Austrian chefs and a pastry chef on the Keldysh cooking their gourmet hearts out.
James Cameron made the inside of the sub look like a 5 star hotel with the fat guy sitting up on his high chair operating the ROV. Michael is right, it is no picnic enroute to the depths but with the emotions that you are about to be overcome by you won't worry about your tummy being a little light.
I ate some cheese on toast that morning because my Dad always told us the story of how cheese was like gold to him and his mates in the jungles of Borneo during WWII. They used to call it "bung".

Andrew

Interesting story about the cheese, Andrew!
I friend of mine was lucky enough to win a trip to the wreck and she's told me extraordinary stories about it. If I do win amillion I guess a dive to the Titanic should be the first thing I would do. Nothing could ever compare to that!
By the way: I read in last Friday's newspaper that a convention of somesort is being held and one has obviously proposed to protect all wrecks any older than 100 years from any type of salvage. Does anyone know any thing about this???

Lars

Back