Do you wish to one day dive on the Titanic wreck

>>Or would that rely on direct, unobstructed line-of-sight from the controller to the ROV?<<

You would have to ask somebody better versed in the technical problems then I am for a good answer to that one. I'm a bit skeptical of that if only because conditions of temperature and salinity can play tricks with sound. It may be possible, but at the present time, I suspect we're at the low end of the learning curve.

Diving to the wreck is on my bucket list (though I'll probably never get the chance to do it). So far, I've crossed 6 things off the list. I've got my own house, I've adopted a cat from an animal shelter, I've got tattoos, I've ridden an elephant, I've touched a lion and I've held a baby Orang-utan.

I would definitely do it if I were given the chance. It’s a once-in-a-life-time opportunity. I’d probably be nervous considering the fact that I’d be 2 and a half miles underwater but you only live once, and finally being able to see something that I’ve been fascinated with for years now would be gratifying.

Of course I'd do it. Who wouldn't want to be in the presence of this gigantic vehicle, plunged into the seabed, three miles beneath the surface? This is something out of reach, like the moon, but so critically important to human history. "Titanic" is the accident we can turn away from, we have to watch it. The terrible depth of hopelessness being acted out is weighed against the extreme impossibility of the event taking place. "Titanic" calls to anyone who is brought into her presence as the ultimate human condition; do we save others, ourselves, or allow ourselves to surrender without struggle?
I will never see the ship, but I know her and what she represents to me.

Of course I'd do it. Who wouldn't want to be in the presence of this gigantic vehicle, plunged into the seabed, three miles beneath the surface? This is something out of reach, like the moon, but so critically important to human history. "Titanic" is the accident we can turn away from, we have to watch it. The terrible depth of hopelessness being acted out is weighed against the extreme impossibility of the event taking place. "Titanic" calls to anyone who is brought into her presence as the ultimate human condition; do we save others, ourselves, or allow ourselves to surrender without struggle?
I will never see the ship, but I know her and what she represents to me.
I do! Imagine all the small spaces we could fit into that an ROV couldn't!
Thought for a second you meant Diving down there without a Submerisble..
either way, yes

Back