Kate Connolly (survived)

I need some information on Miss Katherine (Kate) Connolly (the one that survived) for a school report, if u could spare some information i'd be very grateful! Thanks a lot!
~*~Katie~*~

Katie,
If you don't have access to Senan Molony's book, Kate died in July of 1948, had married to William Arkins, and had three children. Her only surviving son lives in Charleston, South Carolina. There is a good photo of her in Senan's book and we have one other as well.

Regards,
Phil

phil and kyrila,
Thanks for all your help, but in a bizzare (sorry if i spelled that wrong) change of events I picked a new person for my report (Dr. Alice Farnham Leader), and there is some good information on her, but if I need help I'll come back here. Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Katie

What ever became of Katherine Connolly who was a 3rd class passenger on the Titanic. Did she marry, have children, and when did she pass away. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie,
Kate Connolly married William Arkins and lived out her life in New York City (Whitestone, NY). She had 4 sons but only one is still living and he lives not far from me in South Carolina. They did well financially and William and Kate ended up owning several apartment buildings in New York. She died of a stroke on July 3, 1948 at the age of 60.

Regards,
Phil

Magda, Katie Connolly who died was not the same person as the Kate Connolly discussed here. I've passed on some information in the new thread which you have started.

I am the great great granddaughter of Kate's sister, Mary Josephine (called Josey). Her daughter Josephine (I believe) married my great grandfather James McHugh. My grandmother, their daughter Kathleen (Peggy) McHugh Sullivan died in 2018. I'd love to find more relatives! I am a teacher now, and while I always knew I had a relative who survived the Titantic, I decided to do more research while teaching a lesson for to my students!

Last edited:
I highly recommend reading a well-researched, great historical fiction book detailing the Carpathia’s participation in the rescue of Titanic survivors and their return to the U.S., entitled “A Brilliant Night of Stars and Ice”, by Rebecca Connolly (no known relation). It has good info about both survivor Catherine “Kate” Connolly, of County Cavan and Kate Connolly, from County Tipperary, who was lost when Titanic sank.

Back