Last Liners of the White Star Line book

Mark C.---

I don't remember your mentioning a Georgic book before, and I can't seem to find it in any archived message. Do you have any of the details---title, author, etc.---of the book you saw in Liverpool?

Hi!

It must have been another forum. I am afraid not -- but it was not very detailed from what I remember (I think it was quite thin). I seem to remember it being white or greyish and it might have been privately printed or by a small publisher. It might have been something like 'MV Georgic' -- but I really didn't take much notice. Sorry.

Best regards,

Mark.

Here is a reasonably interesting photo of Britannic loading cars in 1931. This from a White Star magazine of that year. Its not Georigc but an unusual view non the less.

Brian
50780.jpg

Brian:

Here is classic photo-postcard image of the Georgic. This is taken after the second world war as she has been re-fitted with only one funnel and is also in White Star Livery. Also please note the dual house flags on the mainmast.

50796.jpg

It seems that amazon.co.uk also has it; yesterday I received an email from them that they had shipped a copy that I had ordered from them a long, long time ago.

I received the book today and am quite pleased with it. The photos are excellent, and include many I have never seen before. It also has much new info about the ships. I would have liked even more, but this is only nit-picking.
I would like to see a similiar book on White Star Line's Big 4.
Brent

Mine arrived today; from a brief skimming over lunch, it looks very good.

Richard deKerbrech has done some really first-class books on liners over the years. This looks like another example of that.

Thanks for that Mark. It's on order, it's due to arrive Tuesday and it's going to be a big surprise for one particular old chap.

Now, what would you like to drink, sir?

Cheers,

Boz

Back