Laura Cribb

I have recently begun to find interest in this passenger, especially her account given under the 'Articles' section of her ET Bio. I found it quite tragic and compelling, and wondered if there's any truth in the story she told about her father knowing about or having access to some staircase that was known only by the crew. Anyways, I thought it was an interesting story, and being interested in the teens and young adults on the Titanic, I was wondering, does anyone known anything more about her time on the ship, any accounts she might have given, etc? And is it known if the famous poem and picture of the Titanic from her diary were written/drawn during her time on the ship, and what the poem says?

Much thanks,
Holly Alzbeta

I have a 14-page letter that I believe Miss Cribb wrote to my grandfather, E.G. Pemberton, a few years later (1915) describing her experience. He was living in Toronto at the time and I am curious as to how he might have known Miss Cribb. He was born in London in 1892 and came to Canada in 1907 settling in Toronto where he ended up in the leather goods business. I can be reached at [email protected]. J.E. Neset (17/04/2011)

Hello,

This is Alzbeta/Holly; you may remember me from when I had an account a while back. I wanted to post again to ask some questions and share some pictures I've recently discovered. I found this picture online of a girl who may be Laura Cribb; it is on a news article about her but it doesn't specifically say that it is her. I'm a bit hesitant to trust this website since it claimed, on a different article, that a well-known picture of the Asplund family was the West family. I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know whether or not this actually is Laura Cribb.

1959427.jpg

Hand-written story and drawing of Titanic sold at auction for $16,000 (From Bournemouth Echo)

Much thanks!

A "view department" is, best as I can work out with my research, the department that prepared the window displays at a retail establishment. Whether displaying clothing, art, furniture, or photographs, the "view" from the street would entice folks into their store. It was a good position to have for a young woman.

Back