Lusitania Survivors still alive

In addition to Titanic, I am very interested in the Lusitania. Does anyone know if there is a web cite comparable to this one (magnificient as it is!) dedicated to Lusitania? Does anyone know how many, if any, Lusitania survivors are alive today? Thanks. Dennis

I believe that there are only two Lusitania survivors still alive: Audrey Pearl, aged 86, and Barbara Anderson MacDermott, aged 89.

Hope this helps
happy.gif
Filipe

Hello, this is my 1st foray into the E-T site. I believe that two survivors are yet alive, Audrey Pearl (86) and Barbara Anderson MacDermott (89). Is that true or are there others? Was there a survivor named Rosalie Altamore? When did she pass on and at what age? An item supposedly signed by her is currently up for auction, and I just was curious. Thanks!

Hello again, while I'm on the Lusitania topic, there are so many Titanic memorial societies around the world. Is there a LUSITANIA HISTORICAL SOCIETY? If so, I'd like some more information about it (website address, location, when founded, number of members, dues, journals, etc).
Thanks again

Welcome aboard, Bruce. Can't help you a whole lot on Lusitania. I wish there was a Lusitania Historical Society. Lots of very intelligent "Lusy" people here. Would be great to combine their forces and get their knowledge down like on ET.

Hello Shelley and Colleen, is Barbara's last name MacDermott or McDermott. Where does she live in Connecticut (I live there also)? Does she talk to visitors in person? Does anyone know of a Rosalie
Altamore? Was she a crewmember or passenger? How old was she when she passed on?

Bruce Tompkins
CT, USA

Hi, Boz:

Yes, Audrey Pearl is Mrs. Lawson Johnston. I'll be visiting her again before the BTS convention this year and can't wait.

She worked very long and very hard hours trying to raise the money needed for this lifeboat, which was no small task considering she is in her late 80s. She did a wonderful job and is to be congratulated for her efforts.

I'd also like to personally thank again those couple of people on this list and others who donated a few dollars on Audrey's behalf. She appreciated it immensely. It's people like those who donated who are truly trying to keep the spirit of these ships -- as well as the victims and the survivors -- alive.

Eric Sauder

Back