Marconi call signs ships 1912

Can anyone please assist with the Marconi call signs as recorded by Stanley Adams of the Mesaba on a copy Marconigram.

They are as follows:-

MGU (possibly also an error for MGY, but I would like it double checked please).

MNE

MFO

MOI

DDN

Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers,
Julian

Can anyone please assist with the Marconi call signs as recorded by Stanley Adams of the Mesaba on a copy Marconigram.

They are as follows:-

MGU (possibly also an error for MGY, but I would like it double checked please). S. S. Campanello

MNE S. S. Menominee

MFO S.S. Vaderland

MOI S. S. Columbia

DDN S.S. Pennsylvania

Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers,
Julian

The SS Campanello (Campanillo erroneously in the British Inquiry transcript) is one of Robertson Dunlops’ mystery ships in his summing up. Of the Uranium Line at the time. Going Eastwards, and later newspaper reports are most interesting as quoted by Paul Lee in ‘The Titanic and the Indifferent Stranger’ on various pages.

Call sign ‘MGU’. So the British Inquiry were wrong to assume that this was an error for ‘MGY’ in Adams’ copy message from the Mesaba. Which fits with what Adams said in his report.

Thanks again to Steven Christian.

Pop
Titanic's call sign was changed from MUC to MGY sometime before she left Belfast. That doesn't show in those tables.
That's because the list was published January 1 1912. It wasn't revised until June 1912. It also doesn't list the S.S. Vaderland as MFO. It's why I included the second link. The Vaderland was assigned her call sign MFO after the January list was published. Her original call sign was MVD. Probably changed the same time when Titanic's was changed when they reshuffled call signs. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back