Millionaires' suites

Hi Guys,

There are quite a few pictures on www.titanicphotographs.com, I think you should be able to find some pictures of what you are looking for on that website.

Carla

PS. Good to see a Dutch person on ET
happy.gif
! I'm half Dutch...

Hi Jack,

B-54 and B-56 were unusually both done in the same decor, however it is not documented as to which it was - a photograph of Olympic B-41 (B-54 on Titanic) shows a variation of Empire with red silk wallpaper.

Best Regards,

Brian

Brian,

There is some confusion here. Are you using Olympic numbering from the Shipbuilder or from after the 1913 refit? - Shipbuilder B-38, by May 1913 B-40. - Shipbuilder B-40, by May 1913 B-42.
What has B-41 to do with it? - You mention that room in two posts. >>"Olympic B-41 (B-54 on Titanic)"<<

Going from the Shipbuilder B-38 = B52 Titanic. B-40 = B-54 Titanic. B-38 [fig 95] is Louis Seize and B-40 [fig 97] is Empire. - On the understanding that the styles were the same B-52 [Louis Seize] & B-54 [Empire] Titanic are not the same style.

Lester,

I was not referring to the decor of the sitting rooms in my posts rather that the staterooms B-54/B-56, from my understanding, on Titanic were both of the same decor, which I list as unknown.

The stateroom photo I was referring to was presumably stateroom Olympic B-41, I am unsure which blueprint I have however so it may be the 1911-1912 version if my posts are wrong.

Best Regards,

Brian

Brian,

Where are you getting your information from? If I use Olympic's 1911 numbering, then B 41 is the bedroom of the starboard sitting room - this has nothing to do with the port side staterooms, or Titanic's B 54. Furthermore, B 54 and B 56 were not in the same style and neither had wallpaper (same goes for Olympic's B 41).

Which photo of Olympic’s B 41 are you referring to that was in Empire style with red silk wallpaper? As mentioned above, this was the case for neither of the staterooms.

Kind regards,

Daniel.

Well from now I on I believe I will discontinue posting as it seems everything I post is wrong and gets attacked by everyone who have no problem telling me what I do wrong but offer no assistance in what is right......

Back