My Titanic II

titanic-ii.jpg

Hey all,

I did this 5 minute sketch of how "Titanic II" would look if I designed it. I hope to be an architect for ships when I'm older. I just did this on paint though. Actually I'm making a Titanic cutaway on paint which is very detailed...down to the little rivets! Please tell me what you think of my concept and ask some questions if you have any!

P.S. It aggravates me how everyone has to fraction their pictures around here because of the size limit! The stretching warps the image and makes it crooked!

Cool its a very good sketch. I don't think a titanic 2 will ever be built. But I would like to see one built. what type of engines would it have on.

P.S. About how far are you done with your
Titanic cutaway?

Sahand.

You could put it on another (homepage?) site and provide a link....just a suggestion. That way you could put in as much detail and information as you desire.

Rivets? Is this a modern ship?

Hey All,

When I was talking about the rivets I was referring to the cutaway. (A cutaway of Titanic 1912) Yea I bet the Titanic will never be rebuilt....but just a little dream lol. I am only as far as the swimming bath as of right now. I usually work on it once in a long time...Its kind of time consuming because it takes up alot of space.....more than I ever imagined. Im thinking of trying to fit it on a disk and getting a new computer which is faster so It can handle it without stalling for 10 seconds to make one spot! Im thinking of re doing the 3rd class area because I had made the beds look like bunk beds....but I believe they were really stuck on the wall. When it will be finished it will probably be 5 feet long!

I know how you feel. I am also working on my version of a Titanic II. I am drawing mine by hand. I am drawing it on graph paper. So I dont think mine will reach 5 feet. Maybe 3 feet.

Are you making anything bigger, or adding new rooms? I added another mor modern swimming pool on the aft well deck.
In case you havent already noticed, I also hope to design ships someday. Titanic II is my 24th ship.

Hey,

The Cutaway Im doing is on the Titanic from 1912.
When I do draw the plans for my "Titanic Two" I make the dining room Huge (about three stories) and I enlarge the grand staircase. I would also add more modern stuff like a Dance Club.

I see. I was thinking of about putting the dinning saloon exactly as it was, then adding a more modern version taking up 2 stories. Mine is only about 3 decks higher than the original, and 30 feet wider. I think it will be quite a bit longer though.
They wont build a big wooden staircase on a ship today, but who cares. I am putting one on mine anyway. I am also putting a museum on the ship.

Yours seems to be quite a bit more modern than mine though.

Hey Wesley,

Although I would add something like a Dance Club or Theater....those would be the only things to be modern. The Dining Saloon that I described would be three stories high but still be very luxurious and French looking with large domed windows much like the shape in the gymnasium of Titanic but they would be almost the whole height of the room and there would be very nice chandeliers and draperies. They would be frosted and not visible from the exterior of the ship because it would be covered by the whole and some portholes and would be lit much like the windows in the reception room of the Titanic. I was also putting a museum into mine with a couple recreations. I would also love to use wood and other dangerous materials on my ship.....they seem to look much nicer than things used today lol.

Hi Sahand,

On the interesting topic of revival designs, I have drawn up the plans for the Imperator II.

A grand liner with an entire deck of First Class interiors reminiscent of her original namesake, she is also quite sleek and would put every modern box cruiser to shame and give Queen Mary II a run for her money.
proud.gif

If I can find what I did with the CAD drawings I made, I will post them.

Best Regards,

Brian

Here is the CAD drawing I made, this is a rough draft I have many more highly detailed drawings, but they are too large to post and too much detail would be lost in doing so.

86671.jpg

Best Regards,

Brian

Hey Brian,

Very cool drawing! Your work is always amazing! By the way How did you get that picture on like that? Wasnt it too large and what was it drawn on. When ever I post it just has that little downloading icon to click on to see it which ticks me off.

Very nice work Brian! If that's a rough copy the detailed one should be very interesting.

I just got the dimensions for mine. 1210 feet long by 122 feet wide and 220 feet high to the top of the funnels. I am now working on a cutaway of it. I am considering getting rid of third class and making first and second class larger.

Hi Wes and Sahand!

Thank you both for your compliments!

Yes, the detailed version is very interesting, the proof drawing as best I can figure is in or at least 1:350 scale - the printout I made is over 4 feet long!

The dimensions as I have them for Imperator II are 1250ft in length 150ft width with 18 stories from keel to funnel tops.

With the specially designed turbine engines I plan to have installed, my engineer friend collaborated with me, and after reviewing my plans and specifications estimated that a ship of this size with my turbine engines could make 40 - 45 knots easily.

I have worked out all of the interior classes, there will be at least five separate accommodation classes, and prices which will start at $5,000 for Tourist Class, the lowest, and range to the upper $100,000’s for the Imperial Class, the highest, on a one way crossing, which is a fitting tribute after all the original was German built during the Imperial era of Germany.

My friend and I estimate that should she ever be built, it would cost in excess of two billion dollars, but with the revenues she would generate it would be well worth the cost and we are confident we would have no shortage of investors in such a grand project.

So many dream of the luxuries and grandeur of the lost Victorian era, with the Imperator II such passengers would be basked in such luxuries, affording the privileged few a glimpse at late 19th and early 20th century First Class travel at sea.
proud.gif

Best Regards,

Brian

Back