My Titanic II

Hi Wes,

I agree the sketch is no indicator of her intended scale, however I do plan her to be of those dimensions, just to the lifeboats alone is 12 stories!

How else could I implore a 12 deck Solarium and the grand Kaiser Saloon done in German Gothic decor of four decks in height spanning the entire width of the ship?

Yes, two of the three funnels are for show, I use three because the original Imperator / Berengaria had three funnels, its only fitting her modern namesake have three as well.

I have another version of these plans where I have the Disney Magic in front of Imperator II and the Disney Magic looks like a tugboat in comparison
smile.gif

Best Regards,

Brian

I hope your Imperator doesnt have a tendancy to roll like the original. You know a nice gold eagle would look good on the bow. Well maybe not.

Do you mean the lifeboats are 12 stories above the waterline?

That will be a huge saloon, seeing as the ship is 150 ft wide.

Hi Wes,

Yes the Imperial Class Kaiser Saloon with its polished heavily carved mahogany paneling and ornate columns with its massive fireplace will be quite impressive; I am currently drawing it now it will be quite impressive when finished.

I though about the gold eagle, and it may very well be incorporated into the final design, after all it would look a lot better than the crap on the front of the Disney Magic
smile.gif

I have worked out a design with the help of my engineer friend for a ship of this scale with adequate bilge keel and even ballast to prevent the unpleasant rolling that vilified the former,

I am quite pleased with myself, especially seeing as I am not an engineer
proud.gif

Best Regards,

Brian

Hi David,

I have also made a solution for this as well.

I have designed two ferries to carry passenger and cargo to and from the great ship, which of course will have to anchor off shore due to her 65' draught, much like Titanic and Olympic in Cherbourg
smile.gif

What a magnificent sight it would be to be aboard the ferry around sunset as it approached the floating skyscraper that will be Imperator II!

Best Regards,

Brian

Just an observation, but that CAD drawing in the earlier post looks mighty like the Normandie. Rather a snappy roller in her own right IIRC. I hope if anything along those lines is ever built that somebody thinks to include fin stabilizers.
wink.gif

Hi Michael,

I commend your attention to detail, as part of my design I incorporated the profile design of a modern liner while at the same time retaining classical features from ships of the past.

My original design was only with the two forward stacks, but it didnt look as balanced as it does with three.

Best Regards,

Brian

Might want to add the bulbous bow below the waterline to that. Just about everybody is using it these days. I can see the modern touches, particularly the location of the lifeboats lower down on the superstructure. If you intend your design for the North Atlantic run as the QM2 is, you might have to place them higher up to avoid the sort of problems that come with large waves doing a number on them.

I know...I know...this raises topweight problems, but whoever said ship design is easy!
wink.gif

Hi Michael,

Yes, creating a practical ship design is a nightmare and a half, it took no less than eight drafts to arrive at the design as I have it now, and even now its still considered "rough."

I have been thinking on that note, about the lifeboat placement, however at being 12 stories up I do not think they will be subjected to anything serious.

My design calls for them to be inset at least 2' for that purpose, to prevent damage and I have entertained the idea of having the lifeboat bays covered over with canvas during rough weather to absorb and to help deflect the impact of a rough wave.

Best Regards,

Brian

Brian,
You seem to be putting a lot of work into it. I wouldnt think someone who isnt an engineer would. I dont know much at all about modern ship designs. I saw a few deck plans thats it. Chances are your ship will be a lot better than mine. But you are also about 5 years older than I, and most likely have more experience.

Hi Wes,

While not an engineer par se, I have always enjoyed taking everything imaginable apart to see how it works - much to the chagrin of my parents in my youth I assure you!

On the other side, I also love to build things mostly in the form of model kits, and I have taken my obsession for details from my drawings and applied them to my models, with very impressive results. I’ve been known to fully wire chassis and engines on larger scale models.

So while I lack the mathematical abilities (and patience!) To be a certified engineer, I can still produce working drawings that are for the most part accurate, for just about anything that I fancy.

Best Regards,

Brian

Back