New expedition planned

I don't know if this really is news. I say that because Triton subs have dived twice as deep as Titanic. But anyway it looks like they are planning to dive Titanic. Cheers all.

Last edited:
I don't know if this really is news. I say that because Triton subs have dived twice as deep as Titanic. But anyway it looks like they are planning to dive Titanic. Cheers all.
I wonder which model Triton they will employ. Seems like one model, the 4000, is good for 4,000 meters. The Titanic is at 3,800 meters.
Maybe the Triton 36000? The spec says good for 11,000 meters!

I wonder which model Triton they will employ. Seems like one model, the 4000, is good for 4,000 meters. The Titanic is at 3,800 meters.
Maybe the Triton 36000? The spec says good for 11,000 meters!
I'm not sure which they will use. Sounds to me like they are going to build a new sub. I saw a documentary awhile back on Triton. They have a different philosophy than Oceangate. They had to go to Russia to get their sub pressure tested. It was an interesting show. That sub was used to dive to the Challenger deep. Deepest spot in the ocean. They've made numerous dives to that spot with what I'm guessing are paying customers. Researchers and adventurers ect.

Back