OLYMPIC & TITANIC photographs

Steven Hall

Some people have expressed an interest in the photographs which show the Olympic & Titanic together. From my research over the years — I have seen 13 individual images.
Over the next few weeks — I will post a diagram showing the position of both ships & the photographer who took the image.
The photographer’s position is indicated by the red box. The diagram shows Harland & Wolff frame H-1706 taken by Robert J. Welsh.

Oversized image removed - JDT

Here are all the diagrams in one go.

94335.gif

94336.gif

94337.gif

94338.gif

94339.gif

94340.gif

94341.gif

94342.gif

94343.gif

Michael, it appears to be tidal marsh or swamp from what I could make out from different photographs.

Bill, I had a few spare nights with nothing to do. I really did the diagrams to plot the photographs positions over that period.
I'm happy to share the information.

Boz, most of the images are on a TRMA link.

Attachments

• Olympic & Titanic Reunion.pdf
    294.3 KB · Views: 400
Interesting, Steve. I notice that Titanic hadn't been fitted with its enclosed promenade at this point, which, in my opinion, is the key as to what has caused confusion for people all this time, wondering which was which. Thanks for clearing that up.
happy.gif

Hi. if you go on Google and type in OLYMPIC, TITANIC AND BRITANNIC. It comes up with an ace painting of all 3 of them together-Never really happened of course, but oh well!

Take her to sea Mr Murdoch-Lets stretch her legs.

Back