Return Voyage

I have a pretty simple question that I am having trouble finding the answer to.
Had Titanic arrived safely back to Southampton, completing her maiden voyage, what date would she have arrived back?
AND.... what date would her next sailing to New York have been?
If this has been asked before my apologies.
Getting my hands on a Titanic sailing schedule has been unsuccessful for me.
Someone posted a link a while back but the link is no longer active.
Thanks in Advance!

I have a pretty simple question that I am having trouble finding the answer to.
Had Titanic arrived safely back to Southampton, completing her maiden voyage, what date would she have arrived back?
AND.... what date would her next sailing to New York have been?
If this has been asked before my apologies.
Getting my hands on a Titanic sailing schedule has been unsuccessful for me.
Someone posted a link a while back but the link is no longer active.
Thanks in Advance!
You can get the info off the pic below. You'll have to look close because somebody really likes watermarks. Cheers.

Last edited:
You can get the info off the pic below. You'll have to look close because somebody really likes watermarks. Cheers.
Thank You so much for this, but I am confused.
This schedule has Titanic back at Southampton on April 20th.
If she had arrived in NYC on schedule on say the night of the 16th or morning of the 17th, she would have to resupply and re-coal.
How could she possible be back from the start of her maiden voyage in just 10 days.
I have her, in my mind arriving in NYC on the 17th, resupplying and re-coaling and sailing from NYC on the 20th and arriving in Southampton on the 27th.
Can anyone correct me if I am wrong about this?
It is important in terms of accuracy for a project that I am involved in.
Thank You!
William

Thank You so much for this, but I am confused.
This schedule has Titanic back at Southampton on April 20th.
If she had arrived in NYC on schedule on say the night of the 16th or morning of the 17th, she would have to resupply and re-coal.
How could she possible be back from the start of her maiden voyage in just 10 days.
I have her, in my mind arriving in NYC on the 17th, resupplying and re-coaling and sailing from NYC on the 20th and arriving in Southampton on the 27th.
Can anyone correct me if I am wrong about this?
It is important in terms of accuracy for a project that I am involved in.
Thank You!
William
April 20th is the date of departure from NY not the arrival date back in England. That list just gives the departure dates not arrival dates as that might be too hard to pin down because of changing conditions on the sea. Their schedule gives them wiggle room of like 5 days turn around or so. Hope that helps.
P.S. If you notice the departure days its Wed or Sat. Did WSL believe in the superstition to never sail on a Friday? I know some sailors believed in that but you wouldn't think a corporation would. Just curious.

April 20th is the date of departure from NY not the arrival date back in England. That list just gives the departure dates not arrival dates as that might be too hard to pin down because of changing conditions on the sea. Their schedule gives them wiggle room of like 5 days turn around or so. Hope that helps.
P.S. If you notice the departure days its Wed or Sat. Did WSL believe in the superstition to never sail on a Friday? I know some sailors believed in that but you wouldn't think a corporation would. Just curious.
After thinking about that more maybe they did believe in it. From a business model standpoint that is. If enough people did believe that they wouldn't want to buy tickets. I'll have to go look at the other companies schedules to see if they followed that too.

P.S...edited by me. Came back to say I did find tickets of other lines that left on a Friday so I guess it was not that big of deal. At least to some.

Last edited:
Back