Royal Navy day at Portsmouth

hey, i was wondering, did any of you happen to go to the royal navy day at portsmouth yesterday, i did. i managed to go on ; H.M.S. Warrior, Victory, illustrious, enterprize and i even saw what remains of mary rose, and then on the way back we had to rush to get to southsea to see norweigen jade, independance of the sea and oceana, it was a great day and i really enjoyed it, i will be uploading some photos and like i said if you too went just say...

here are the photos
these photos also show h.m.s. fearless which i didn't remember to type before, but she still sits there waiting to be scrapped like her sister intrepid, i have seen fearless on many videos and when i found out the rusting vessel was her i was really amazed.
132799.jpg
132800.jpg
132801.jpg

132802.jpg

132803.jpg

132804.jpg
132805.jpg
132806.jpg
132807.jpg

The former HMS Fearless is a 1960's era Landing Platform Dock, which is a type of multi-purpose troop transport used for amphibious assaults. Both of these ships enjoyed long careers but were well worn out by the time they finally retired. Cool photos you have.

From All News, Royal Navy Live:

Spectators Flock for a Sneaky Peek into the Navy
quote:

Thousands of visitors took advantage of the chance to glimpse behind the scenes of one of Britain's Armed Forces at Portsmouth Naval Base over the weekend.

Over 35,000 visitors visited the three-day 'Meet Your Navy' extravaganza which ran from 25 until 27 July 2008, and was designed to let the general public see the Navy's role in the past, present and future.
More at http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.13380/changeNav/6568

From The Navy News:

Festival hailed a success
quote:

MORE than 35,000 people soaked up the Solent sun — and sampled the modern RN — at Meet Your Navy, the new-look Navy Days staged in Portsmouth.

The three-day maritime festival, which saw ships from Japan, Brazil, Denmark, France and Chile join 11 RN/RFA vessels, was the largest public event staged by the Senior Service since the Trafalgar 200 celebrations in 2005.
More at http://www.navynews.co.uk/view-story.aspx?articleID=231

Back