SPIRITS ON THE TITANIC, A NEW BOOK

Greetings Ladies and Gents,

I've just published my latest book, SPIRITS ON THE TITANIC: Gilded age libations and cocktails served on the world's most famous ocean liner.
Includes:
Beers, Champagnes, Wines, Brandy, Popular Toasts, and Mixed drink recipes!
Available on LuLu.com
Or reach out to me if you would like to purchase a signed copy!
Thank You! and Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_4447 (1).jpg
    IMG_4447 (1).jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4448 (1).jpg
    IMG_4448 (1).jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4449 (1).jpg
    IMG_4449 (1).jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4450 (1).jpg
    IMG_4450 (1).jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4451 (1).jpg
    IMG_4451 (1).jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Very unusual and interesting subject. When I first saw the title, I thought it was about the other sort of spirits - you know, the more unearthly kind.

I suppose even with your spirits some of those cocktails were "out of this world" ;)

I've made the champagne punch that was served between courses on the night of the sinking. And I would love to buy a signed copy. Details please on where to reach out?

I've made the champagne punch that was served between courses on the night of the sinking. And I would love to buy a signed copy. Details please on where to reach out?
You can purchase this book in my eBay store:
or in my ETSY store:

Please add a note as to how you would like it inscribed!
Thank You!

Greetings Ladies and Gents,

I've just published my latest book, SPIRITS ON THE TITANIC: Gilded age libations and cocktails served on the world's most famous ocean liner.
Includes:
Beers, Champagnes, Wines, Brandy, Popular Toasts, and Mixed drink recipes!
Available on LuLu.com
Or reach out to me if you would like to purchase a signed copy!
Thank You! and Cheers!
How much is a copy of this book and how does one obtain it?

The book costs $14.99.
Scroll back earlier in the thread for order links.
Many Thanks!
Looks interesting. Looks like I will have to go back on what I said about not ordering any new books until I get thru the stack I've already got. But I just realized I couldn't be happy drinking on Titanic. One of my favorite cocktails wasn't invented until years after Titanic sank...Bloody Marys (salted rim of course).

Mine was not either, at least not in its modern form.....Irish Coffee after a hearty fine dinner. Single Malt Bushmills Irish Whiskey only, please!

My other favourite after dinner drink, particularly in warmer climates, is the liqueur Limoncello.
Always a good choice. Especially when sitting around a campfire telling fish stories about the big one that got away. There were versions of Irish coffee that go back before Titanic but they were more like what I call camp or cowboy coffee. Black coffee with a shot of whiskey...maybe a teaspoon of sugar. But your right, the modern version with whipped cream or just a cream topping was invented well after Titanic. A lot of cocktails got invented during the days of prohibition in the U.S. It was a way of masking the cheap whiskey that got smuggled in from Canada or the infamous homemade bathtub gin that flooded a lot of the speakeasies. I'll stop now as to not digress too far from Williams post. Will be interesting to see what brands they had on Titanic if William's book covers that. I'm guessing they didn't go for the cheaper spirits on Titanic. At least as far as first class goes. Cheers.

It was a way of masking the cheap whiskey that got smuggled in from Canada or the infamous homemade bathtub gin that flooded a lot of the speakeasies.
Yes. Many British & European businessmen imported spirits illegally to the US during the prohibition era disguised as legal products like lotions, medicinal compounds etc; their American clients knew the process to 'liberate' the good stuff from what they received. I recall reading about an Italian-American named Philip Musica, under the pseudonym Donald Coster, ran precisely such an operation and made millions before being apprehended.

A lot of cocktails got invented during the days of prohibition in the U.S
Was the infamous pousse-cafe one of them?

Yes. Many British & European businessmen imported spirits illegally to the US during the prohibition era disguised as legal products like lotions, medicinal compounds etc; their American clients knew the process to 'liberate' the good stuff from what they received. I recall reading about an Italian-American named Philip Musica, under the pseudonym Donald Coster, ran precisely such an operation and made millions before being apprehended.

Was the infamous pousse-cafe one of them?
Not according to what I found. Had to look it up as not familiar with it. Goes back to the 1800's. I'm betting they probably had those on the passenger ships back in Titanic's time. Doesn't look like something I would ever order.

Back