The position of Stone's first "Flash" relative to the nearby vessel.

Hi, My transcript is completely literal with every "oh" "Uh" "hmm" etc. included. There were a few words and brief phrases that were unintelligible to me and I marked them such in the transcript. I don't think any of that was significant. I had originally had it as H: when Harrison spoke, and L: when Lord spoke. What I am doing now is changing it to regular font for Harrison and bold font for Lord. It conveys the natural conversation that it was better in my opinion. It is 26 pages long and it will take me a while to finish it with everything else going on. A number of years have passed since I had it copied to a CD. I think I'll look for a place that can do a high quality job of transferring it to a digital audio format.

Of course he saw masthead lights first. The question is what sidelight he saw first after he saw masthead lights, and it was the green one. He saw the Californian.
I think the most anyone can definitively say is that he believes the evidence points to this or that conclusion. I'm not the slightest convinced that Boxhall was viewing the Californian.

Back