TITAN IMPLOSION PLUS ONE YEAR

TITAN IMPLOSION AT PLUS ONE YEAR
On June 18, it will be exactly one year since the OceanGate Titan imploded at the RMS Titanic wreck site.
On Sunday June 9, 2024, Sixty Minutes Australia broadcast a program featuring James Cameron and Sidney Nargeolet.
One year later, the Nargeolet family is still waiting for OceanGate to offer up its condolences.
One year later Jim Cameron very candidly stated that the Navy confirmed at 9:30 AM on June 19, 2023, that their technology had picked up an anomaly, of an implosion in the area of Titanic’s wreck site.
Cameron stated, “We all knew that the Titan had imploded and that we knew they were dead.
The coast guard continued its search and rescue mission for four more days.
I know a lot of people are waiting for the official findings from the investigation to be released.
As am I.
Sadly, I don’t believe that there is going to be any new findings.
I think we all know what happened.
The Titan was a flawed design, built with inferior materials, for it’s intended use.
Carbon Fiber replaced a proven material, Titanium, and the design an un-reinforced tube, replace a proven sphere.
End of story really.
That is what caused the tragedy.
I think it is interesting to note that all tragedies bear some key similarities.
1. Warnings ignored
2. Moving forward against expert advice.
3. Media frenzy to print and broadcast something- anything, even if it is a distortion.
4. Eventual acceptance of some of these distortions as fact.
5. In time, conspiracy theories will develop, as they always do.
6. Someone will be blamed.
Pick your disaster. They all share these similarities.

Attachments

• submarine_oceangate_titan-1.jpg
    submarine_oceangate_titan-1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Titanic Sinking April 15,1912.jpg
    Titanic Sinking April 15,1912.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Kennedy Assasination zapruder_abraham.jpg
    Kennedy Assasination zapruder_abraham.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • Challenger Explosion 1986.jpg
    Challenger Explosion 1986.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I don't think anybody really believed the supposed transcript, did they? Although the Titan apparently did have hull alarms- the whole idea of which was surely ridiculous; you've either imploded, or you haven't.

I wonder if more will come of the Navy apparently knowing about the implosion straight away, as related by Cameron; that was an awful lot of false hope, money spent and frenzied media attention if the outcome was already known by some.

I don't think anybody really believed the supposed transcript, did they? Although the Titan apparently did have hull alarms- the whole idea of which was surely ridiculous; you've either imploded, or you haven't.

I wonder if more will come of the Navy apparently knowing about the implosion straight away, as related by Cameron; that was an awful lot of false hope, money spent and frenzied media attention if the outcome was already known by some.
My personal opinion is that the Coast Guard had access to the Navy information, but their protocols called for continuing a search and rescue until they had material evidence. Once the remote vehicle beamed back images of Titan wreckage they then switched from rescue to recovery.
I agree that it was an agonizing, long wait, and created false hope, but I cannot and will not fault the Coast Guard for following procedures.
Mostly I feel for the families and how they were still hoping, days after their loved ones had perished. Just a very sad event, in Titanic's history.

Back