Titanic 1997 mistakes

(Jason D Tiller) quote:Titanic was entitled to fly the flag, as Captain Smith was a member of the Royal Navy.<<

May I had something little..
I have also read that 12 other crew men were apart of the RNR aboard the Titanic (have no idea who they were or there names) this help allow Smith to carry the Blue ensign.
Just a quick goggle search,how I found out this,do not know how accurate this input is,though.

To make it short. It doesn't matter how many crew members were RNR. If the Captain was a RNR then the ship was allowed to have the royal blue ensign. If the captain was not RNR the ship would have the royal red ensign.

Possibly Jason Tiller can correct me or add if I forget something.

quote:

May I had something little..

Huh?

quote:

do not know how accurate this input is,though.

The only officer that I'm aware of that was in the RNR was Chief Officer Henry Wilde, as a Lieutenant. But, that wouldn't have had any influence whatsoever.

quote:

To make it short. It
doesn't matter how many crew members were RNR.

Ioannis is correct; it's irrelevant. As long as the Captain was, then that's sufficient enough.​

The only officer that I'm aware of that was in the RNR [other than Smith] was Chief Officer Henry Wilde

Many years ago, someone far more knowledgeable about Titanic's officers than I wrote: It has been stated - erroneously - that Pitman was the only officer aboard the Titanic not in the RNR, but Moody didn't hold a commission either.

Apart from Inger's statement, the only thing I can put my finger on at the moment is Lightoller's British inquiry testimony that he was in the RNR.

Ok,that's fair,cool with me, 12 was an over statement and the input I stated was dead wrong.

Officer Boxhall's own father was a captain and his family was into the sea carrier,would there be any chance of officer Boxhall joined the RNR ?

Awesome Facts about Titanic 1997

1. Even though there are no scenes of second class, during the scenes where Jack and Rose jumps down the decks , you can see a table from the second class smoke room, proving that there were second class sets.

2. There was no door from the first class elevators on E Deck to scotland road, only on the staircase forward of it.

3. In a scene where Fabrizio is peering outside the open E Deck aft gangway, that part of the ship in real life on the starboard side was a second class entrance.

4. The Cafe Parisien is shown in a scene of lifeboat 15 being launched, but when you peer inside, it seems as if it is another promenade.

5. The third class dance scene, everyone believes that the general room is the room in this scene when rally it is the forward open space.

Maybe this link has been posted before, but I just can't get enough of these CinemaSins videos.

The 'sins' aren't all goofs, some are just silly remarks on silly scenes.
Anyway, just watch it!

QM Rowe is seen here helping with B. Of course he was gone by then on C.

titanic-movie-screencaps.com-18249.jpg

Hi. In this thread I'll write you goofs I noticed:

1. Chief Officer Wilde's body was never recovered, yet film depict it like he wore a lifejacket.

2. When Senator Smith asked Lowe if he pushed a man between a women, Lowe claimed that no. Yet deleted scene depict it way that the guy accidentally hit one woman as he falls.

Yes, I'll take Cameron's film, flaws and all, as one of the greatest films ever made, let alone a great film about Titanic. Sure the dialogue was cliched and trite (which is why it wasn't nominated for an Oscar) but it's truly an epic film that moved an entire world to shower accolades and awards, and generated interest in a dead ship and its passengers and crew. And I'll definitely go out of my way to see the IMAX film, probably several times. (I think I saw Titanic in the theater about once a week - we live across the street from a dollar theater.) Let's face it, even if money was no object (and Cameron came very close to that!) I doubt anyone could make a film that would satisfy everyone to perfection.
yes, James Cameron brought her to life. What we saw of her design was just like Titanic in 1912!! So I can live with it

Didn't anyone notice how anti-British the Cameron film is? All of the British characters came across very poorly. Captain Smith looked like a befuddled old man, weak and indecisive kowtowing to bossman Ismay. Ismay looked like the classic cartoon villian ready to throw little Nell on to the railroad tracks if she didn't give him the deed to the ranch. One of the worst parts was when Ismay was describing Titanic's size to Rose, Cal, et al and Rose took advantage of Ismay's pompous attitude to make sex jokes and show off her knowledge of Freud and psychology. Ismay draws a blank and says "Freud? Who's he? Is he a passenger?" The officers fared worst of all--Cameron revived the old story of Murdoch committing suicide and my hero, Lightoller, was trigger happy and almost out of control. In an otherwise breathtaking film these characterizations are shameful.
I think if Cameron's film was anti-British; "A Night To Remember" was anti-American; the 1943 German "Titanic" was anti-British AND anti-American.

Back