Titanic Paintings

Rob fyer

Hello i'm new to the forum, i have had a keen interest in Titanic for as long as i can remember, and have now got to the stage that i wanted to paint a picture for the wall at home. I have done 2 paintings 1 finished and 1 in progress, i would love some feedback from everyone on what they honestly think. I have chosen a slightly different subject to normal and have tried painting the Titanic wreck as it would be now.
Thanks for reading my post.
Kind regards
Rob

finished.jpg

100_2074_copy1.jpg

Amazing paintings Rob. I actually had a hard time figuring out it was a painting until I read you actaully painted them
happy.gif
Keep drawing, you have a real talent and welcome aboard!

"I believe you may get your headline, Mr Ismay."

Thanks for the comments, its nice to get some feedback from someone i don't know, i'll post the finished picture of the blue painting when its complete,
Many Thanks again
Rob

Rob,

Have you thought about painting any other parts of the ship? The forward stern where the breakup occurred, for example, would be a real challenge.

I would be interested to see them.

Bienvenido! (Welcome)

Mark

Hi Mark,
Sounds like a plan, i will have to do some searching for a couple of good quality pictures to work from, i'll see what i can find.
Many Thanks
Rob

Those paintings are so cool! They look really great. When I went to art school we were discouraged from painting anything realistically, the teachers always said "You might as well just take a photo if you're going to paint like that"
Painting things to look real as you have done is a real challenge!
Well done
happy.gif

>>"You might as well just take a photo if you're going to paint like that"<<

It works for Ken Marschall so one has to wonder why a teacher would have a problem with that. That's a damned good painting there.

Hello all,
Thanks for the great comments, it would appear that i can do something right for a change being a bloke an all!!! I am considering putting the 2 paintings into an exhibition of maritime art at the mall galleries in september, maybe someone will commission me to paint something, you never know.
Kind regards to all
Rob

Hi Ryan,
Please post your picture i would love to see it, my paintings are ok, but i could probably do better with a little more practice, i've only painted 2 so far.

Look forward to seeing it
Rob

Back