New Paintings by Ken Marschall

Daniel,

That's incredible work and very impressive. There is a lot of detail in those images, which makes them so real.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy/Jason,

Thank you for your great comments, once again I have to pass the credit onto Mike. As Parks said, he's an absolute genius! I think he's using a 3D modeling program that he bought back in the EARLY 90's, and it came on a whopping 8 floppy disks!

So the models that he creates really are out of this world, especially considering that by 2004 standards he's using a primitive program! The cabin itself is far more impressive with the luggage rack, lamp, frames and switches (as is missing from this view), but I also really like the heater and wardrobe that he created for this cabin. I just don't have any captures with all these items in the room in their correct locations.

The floor in the corridor needs changing as well, but as I said, these are images of the models in progress.

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

Those are awesome renderings! You and Mike are doing a great job. Keep up the great work! I especially like the aft dome rendering and the starboard entrance way. That was the point where F. Brown snapped that famous shot opening into B-51's private deck.

Wow, all of you guys are defiantly bringing new light to these unknown areas in CG form. You are all certainly bringing Titanic back to life in a medium never really seen before.

ps. thanks for the photographs of your Europe trip. I wish i had the oportunity to go and see some of those places!

All the best,

Nigel

All,

Here's another capture. Mike didn't finish every item of furniture for the promenade, but the ones he did, he arranged so we could put on a "show", and it looks complete when looked at from the outside:

92575.jpg

And compared to the original photo snapped by the ILN photographer:

92576.jpg

Regards,

Daniel.

Back