I really do not know where to put this question and I did try the search function with no results.
However, Were there future crossings planned for the Titanic? And if so, any bookings for them?
Thanks,
Robert

[Moderator's note: This message, originally posted to an unrelated thread in a different topic, has been moved to this pre-existing thread addressing the same subject. MAB]

From Southampton: 1 May, 22 May, 12 June [11am], 3 July, 24 July [2pm], 14 Aug, 4 Sept, 25 Sept, 16 Oct, 6 Nov [11am], 27 Nov, 18 Dec [1pm].

All on Wedesdays at Noon unless otherwise noted. A weekly service in conjunction with Olympic and Oceanic.

From New York on Saturdays at Noon, unless otherwise noted.
20 April, 11 May [2pm], 1 June, 22 June, 13 July [10am], 3 Aug, 24 Aug [3pm], 14 Sept, 5 Oct [2pm], 26 Oct [11am], 16 Nov, 7 Dec [9am], 28 Dec.

For future bookings see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Alden_Dix

There are NYT articles specifically mentioning that "some" Titanic passengers (including Gov. and Mrs. Dix) sailed on Red Star's Lapland on 20 April and about 150 sailed on Mauretania on 23 April. Other possible candidates are Hapag's Cincinnati and Anchor's California, both of which also sailed on 20 April.

The next White Star sailing was Celtic (for Liverpool) on 25 April.

If I remember rightly, it was reported that there were around six hundred first class bookings for Titanic's first eastbound crossing on April 20th 1912 - very strong for the time of year.

There are NYT articles specifically mentioning that "some" Titanic passengers (including Gov. and Mrs. Dix) sailed on Red Star's Lapland on 20 April and about 150 sailed on Mauretania on 23 April.

Mauretania did have a fairly high number of first class passengers onboard for that sailing. I do not think the number of second or third class bookings for Titanic has been recorded, but it seems reasonable to suppose that a number of the first class passengers took Mauretania.

Best wishes,

Mark.

I have read where Governor Dix of New York was set to make Titanic's return trip.

[Moderator's note: Two threads relating to the same subject, including one which may be where Darin read of Gov. Dix, have been merged here. MAB]

Does anyone know how long Titanic was scheduled to remain in New York prior to returning to Europe? Was the ship to go straight to Southhampton upon its return or was it making stops?

Does anyone know how booked the ship was for the return trip? How were the passengers who were supposed to be on the ship out of New York accommodated? Only on White Star liners?

Thanks for any information on this subject.

WH

[Moderator's note: This post, originally posted in another thread has been moved to here, which is discussing the maiden eastbound voyage. JDT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how long Titanic was scheduled to remain in New York prior to returning to Europe? Was the ship to go straight to Southhampton upon its return or was it making stops?

Does anyone know how booked the ship was for the return trip? How were the passengers who were supposed to be on the ship out of New York accommodated? Only on White Star liners?

Thanks for any information on this subject.

WH

[Moderator's note: This post, originally posted in another thread has been moved to here, which is discussing the maiden eastbound voyage. JDT]

White Star was advertising the Titanic to depart from New York for April 20. I believe the eastbound from New York was going to be Plymouth, Cherbourg, then Southampton. I think the Olympic class ships were doing Cherbourg in both directions, Queenstown westbound-only, and Plymouth eastbound-only.

White Star was advertising the Titanic to depart from New York for April 20. I believe the eastbound from New York was going to be Plymouth, Cherbourg, then Southampton. I think the Olympic class ships were doing Cherbourg in both directions, Queenstown westbound-only, and Plymouth eastbound-only.
Yep.

Back