Were the officers' quarters lower than the area with the Grand Staircase?

I was watching Titanic on my PC using it for reference images and i noticed that the officers quarters were lower than the rooms with the gymnasium and grand staircase however all models and what not ive seen they look even my 1912 era pics of Titanic and Olympic ive seen there all to far away to see this particular area im just wondering if this is accurate or a mistake any help is appreciated

eh_copy1.jpg
woops forgot to put this in there lol

ok cool thanks im kinda OCD when im working on a model especially in 3d it just kinda seemed weird that all other images ive seen they look level i guess its just the angle or range they were taken at

In my 1976 rendition of this part of the ship you can just make out a step down from the deckhouse roof line surrounding the first class entrance to the roof line above the officers quarters. This painting was based on the very few photos publically available at that time and the Harland and Wolff side profile general arrangement drawing published in the souvenir issue of the Shipbuilder magazine which was republished in the mid 70s. There are however several errors in this painting which contemporary model researchers will quickly notice.

Attachments

• Forward funnels IMG_7372.jpg
    Forward funnels IMG_7372.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 14
Back