Where in the interior was the name of the ship displayed?

Hi everyone. I'm doing a little research for a novel I'm writing, and I was hoping that someone would be able to tell me where within the interior of the ship (i.e. excluding the hull the name "Titanic" was displayed. In other words, if a passenger on board the ship didn't know which ship they were on (hypothetically), what would they stumble across that would inform them?

Thanks.

It depends. Are they a crew member? Passenger? Time traveler?

What are they doing on the ship and where are they going? Are they hanging out in the mail room? Sunning on the boat deck? Shoveling coal in the boiler rooms?

Likely, as it was the maiden voyage of a new ship, they would hear people mention the name.

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure where passengers would find plates in hallways or whatever that would carry the ships name, and as Tim says it would depend on where they were and what they were doing, but just as a basic guideline, they would find the name of the ship each time they went to a cafe to eat as the name of the ship was printed on the menu.

Cheers,
Adam.

Maybe our passenger is suffering from amnesia with onset after boarding the ship? Otherwise, it's hard to imagine how he got onto the ship.

Or maybe, he was knocked out and was shanghaied onto the ship because he knew some horrible secret?

Such possibilities are almost as interesting as some of the "real" theories that come up on this forum. ;)

Hi Doug,

Well you never know, there is a story that Titanic was actually Olympic.....maybe that's why the passenger was confused?

*runs away*

Cheers,
Adam.

Back