Where would be a good place to find clothes of 1912 and Titanicnautical party favors

I have a costume store where I make custom gowns for women and even a few men's patterns for that era. I think I'm wearing one of the dresses in my profile photo if you care to click on them. I am also planning to be at the event in Toledo where I will be talking about the fashions of that era. I can also supply all kinds of party decor and accessories to make a special Titanic themed party or reception, including directions on a special Titanic dinner party for church groups.

Kyrila

Two places that I've found also have 1912 or Edwardian extant clothing.

First is this place, part of an online shopping place called Vintage Martini. They sell these examples, but they are genuine Edwardian goods and it's interesting just to browse to see the examples they have. They have a range of clothing from the 1840s to the 1980s.

The next place is a list of extant clothing examples from 1900 to 1919 from a San Fransisco costumer's website called Demode. She does some lovely costumes and her directory of extant women's clothing is quite extensive. Most of the links are to museums.

The nice thing about both websites is that they allow you to see the rather changes in fashion that changed the 'pouter pidgeon' blouses and gored, flared skirts of the pre-1910s to the empire waisted, tailored silhouette of 1911.

Thanks for the above posts .

EDIT Scully about your store I noticed your renovating a store will you be accepting any online orders for outfits which are already made out for a specific size and price ? Thanks

I've decided to part with many of my Titanic/Edwardian gowns. Most are for size Large/Extra Large women, but can easily be adjusted for Medium. One gown was made for my daughter--a size 5 "swim" dress, but in butter cream yellow and Dresden blue solids and prints. Two of the gowns were made from Lucile Ltd. designs. If you'd like to see photos, I have them posted on my MySpace page, or you can send me a private message via my profile here. Include your email addy so I can send you photos.

myspace.com/titanicimpact

Any updated information on this subject? We are having a Titanic Party and would like to have a nice costume for it. Thanks so much!

Back