Question Why was there not a watertight bulkhead labeled "I"

Hello, I've been reading and doing research on the engines and how the power worked on the ship when I found a diagram of the watertight compartments and noticed that they are labeled A-P, excluding the letter "I". I was just curious why "I" was skipped over—is it a superstitious thing, or was it just left out due to how the letter looks visually, and it might have been confusing? I'll include the diagram below. Thanks for reading!
thd_image002.jpg

Very interesting, thank you. Peculiar to H&W? I've never seen an original, labeled H&W 'midship section or shell expansion of Olympic class.

John Brown & Co. (& Cunard's Nav Arch, Peskett) skipped the 'I' as did American construction of the era. However, I have seen hand drawn copies of 'midship sections that did have 'I' plating strakes indicated.

Very interesting, thank you. Peculiar to H&W? I've never seen an original, labeled H&W 'midship section or shell expansion of Olympic class.

John Brown & Co. (& Cunard's Nav Arch, Peskett) skipped the 'I' as did American construction of the era. However, I have seen hand drawn copies of 'midship sections that did have 'I' plating strakes indicated.
Here is a low resolution image of the Harland and Wolff 400-01 (Olympic, Titanic) shell plating plan from which the segment I previously posted was taken.
IMG_4870.jpeg

Thank you. I can't see it, unfortunately. It's not a shell expansion but I assume the strakes are labeled. Is this a H&W shop drawing? I'll take a wild guess that the bilge radius image you sent is from the half-breath midship section at the left?

Why H&W would be an outlier in lettering strakes is a bit confounding. From my own experience as a shipyard surveyor, standardized nomenclature is important for repair yards as well as builders.

Thank you. I can't see it, unfortunately. It's not a shell expansion but I assume the strakes are labeled. Is this a H&W shop drawing? I'll take a wild guess that the bilge radius image you sent is from the half-breath midship section at the left?

Why H&W would be an outlier in lettering strakes is a bit confounding. From my own experience as a shipyard surveyor, standardized nomenclature is important for repair yards as well as builders.
This is an original H&W drawing. It is a shell plating drawing but not an expansion. Your guess is correct. The plan segment I posted is taken at the turn of the bilge of the midship section. The strakes are also labeled on the main drawing on the right.

Back