Books by CH Lightoller

It's not a book about or by Lightoller but a booklet about Sundowner that is quite interesting and extensive - available from the East Kent Maritime Museum. If you order it you might just send along a donation to help with the restoration/preservation of this interesting vessel.

Hi Diane,

Do you have a link to or address of the East Kent Maritime Museum? I read a bit somewher about the SUNDOWNER and would likely enjoy reading the pamphlet you mentioned.

Hi Merlin,

Welcome aboard! Click HERE for the link to the East Kent Maritime Trust and information on how to contact them. Just scroll down the page.

Hello Jason, Nice that you are interested in my grandfather. East Kent museum has postcards of Sundowner, his boat, as well as an interesting booklet about her construction. Stenson's book is the best one for complete bio. G'pa's own book, Titanic and Other Ships, is now available on line. Regards

Hi Daphne,

I am very interested in your grandfather, plus I consider him one of the heroes in the Titanic disaster. Thank you for the additional information on what the East Kent Museum has. Are those postcards for sale or is it just the booklet?

I've seen both of those books and have heard that Stenson's book is very good, but have yet to own either of them.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

I have both of them. The Titanic Historical Society offering of Titanic and Other Ships is not the whole book, but only the chapters dealing with the Titanic. The whole has been posted in hypertext-- see

Thanks for the info I was going to order a copy of titanic by Lights now I am glad I didn't I want the whole book not just half of it.

Back