Jack Phillips Anyone know if he worked on the Olympic

Thanks. That was very interesting. I asked because I was going to bid for this Jack Phillips postcard on Ebay Live auctions. I did not think I would win -but I did
happy.gif
So that is sort of my first proper Titanic piece other than a few bits and bobs and my autograph collection. It's a postcard written by him in 1911 to his sister. I was very interested to read he was on the Lusitania also.

I wonder where I can buy or find a decent picture of him as I am thinking of framing it.

86085.jpg

This what the postcard Descriptions says:

Excessively rare A.L.S. "Jack" on a postcard with his last name "Phillips" incorporated in the address area, to his sister "Miss E. Phillips" in England, Roscov, Sep. 25, 1911, in full: "Just leaving for home. Hope to arrive London tomorrow Tues. eve. weather fine. Love Jack". Light soiling, else very good. Phillips is considered one of the few heroes in the Titanic's crew.

This postcard was written only a few months before he boarded the Titanic

Hey I make a mistake. In a Night to Remeber there is a small part where Captain Smith comes in and says you have done your duty now.

Dose anyone know where I might find a good photo of Jack Phillips online ? I have looked everywhere but they all seem to be reduced and two small for printing, cropped or altered.

I plan on framing my Jack postcard with a decent photo of him. Would be happy to buy a postcard but again have had no luck finding one.

Cheers.

Thanks Inger and Jemma. The one on the Marconi site was the one I was looking for. I will be able to burn that onto a CD and print it out in a photo lab.

Miles, just as a bonus, I'm sending you a jpeg scan of a photograph of himself Jack sent the same twin sister. He's 'sitting proud' surrounded by wireless equipment, and wrote on the back of it: "Hope you will like this one, you must find a special place in your book for it. Kindest Regards".

ihttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2239815746&category=127&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

This item went for the same price as the Jack postcard almost give or take about a hundred and fifty pounds.. It's a nice card - but hardly up there with a Jack Phillips postcard I would have thought....

Wonder what these people would have paid if they new about the Jack card I bided on - if they are prepared to spend so much money on this other card...

Maybe this other card on ebay is just as worthy as the Jack Phillips postcard - I really don't know about these things. I must say I would rather spend my money on a card written by the Titanic operator than a passing stranger who saw the crowds outside white star line.

Back