Info wanted on the Sage family who drowned on Titanic

Hello. I am intereted in any information regarding the Sage family who drowned on the Titanic and were on the 3rd class passenger list. The names of the Sage family were: Mr. John Sage, Mrs. John Sage (Annie Elizabeth Cazaly), Miss Stella Anne Sage, Mr. George John Sage, Mr. Douglas Bullen Sage, Mr. Frederick Sage, Miss Dorothy Florence Sage, Master Anthoy William Sage, Miss Elizabeth Ada Sage, Miss Constance Gladys Sage, and Master Thomas Henry Sage. I have a personal interest in this information as my mother's maiden name is Sage. My mother is of Irish descent. Thank you for any information you can provide for me.

Hello Sue. My name is Melissa Sage from my fathers side. I am from New Jersey, USA. I have been told that I am related to the Sages on the titanic. Send me a line if you get this message. Melissa
happy.gif

I also am interested in the SAGE family and their connections back home in England

feedback on family connections would be nice Melissa / Sue

I am related to the Sage family through his wife Annie Elizabeth CAZALY .My late mothers maiden name was Cazaly.Her father was Vernon Cazaly .He had two brothers Cecil Cazaly and Leonard Cazaly.There was also a cousin in Australia ,Roy cazaly a famous Aussie rules footballer.Peter Cazalet the queens horse trainer is also realated.I heard from my late mother about a relative perishing on the Titanic so I have found this reading very interesting.I am seeking to explore my family and if any one has any information regarding CAZALY family and their history I would welcome any information

Im seeking any info on any Taylors associated with the ship including staff.I was told as child that I had relative working and passengers aboard.Apparently they did not even know...maybe poor relation and wealthy relations did not keep track of one another.I have been searching so long and finally found this wonderful site.If pictures might be around I would love copies to add to my family tree that is in stall gear right now.Thanks So Much Everyone,Juanita Taylor [email protected]

My maiden name was Sage, so I am also interested in learning more about the Sage family. Also does anyone have any idea the date when the first reports of the sinking of Titanic hit the headlines, I would love to get a copy of a newspaper to add to my collection?

Lizzie

Elizabeth, major papers all over the world had the story by April 16th or 17th 1912. Depending on the facilities where you live, you should be able to view your local paper on microfilm in a library. Even very minor papers are now commonly on microfilm.

Probably the easiest reprint to get is the New York Times special from 1998. This can be bought direct from TNYT. I'm afraid you won't find much about the Sage family though. The papers concentrated on the rich and famous.

Can anyone help me identify the members of the sage family in Judith Geller`s Women and Children First-from left to right ? I can not make out who is who, except Stella, who is standing with her right hand on her hip, John Sage (the father) Annie Sage-sitting down, holding her baby Thomas, and also, what year was that photo taken ? Any help would be very much appreciated, I have been working on this for like a year, thankx again, Laura.
smile.gif

Yeah I know some things but would like to know anything about Dorothy. Im doing something for english about her life kind of like a diary thing and if any one has anything interesting about her life or family I would be very interested. Thanks

I know this is mean, but the most interesting thing I've read about Dorothy is that she fell into a well when she was a little girl, and almost drowned herself. Possibly you can write about that, if not too late.Then she, too lost her life on Titanic. Poor Dory.

Laura, regarding the Sage photo, the baby was born in 1907 - I don't have the exact birthdate, but that would make the photo no later than 1909. As for the identities of those you haven't already mentioned: The young man standing proudly in the doorway would be the eldest son George, and the lad on horseback Douglas. The other two boys on the left side of the pic don't look to be four years different in age, but the older of the two (Fred) has to be the lad sitting on the fence or hitching rail, so William is next to Stella's crooked arm. The oldest of the girls (apart from Stella) was Dorothy, and that must be her sitting next to Papa and hardly visible. Then we have Elizabeth (Ada) sitting on the rail on the left, and the youngest girl Constance (at that time only about 4 years old) is next on the right.

Thanks anyways. That is the answer I came up with a while ago, but it's alright. I just thought it was George, the eldest son on the horse, and Douglas in the doorway.

So what? Sometimes I write to threads, where I'm over like 18 months late, but who cares, it's not like you can't.

The two eldest boys were the only ones I had any doubts about. I just checked with a slightly clearer version of the photo and on second thoughts the lad on horseback does look to be the elder of the two so I'll go along with your assessment that he is George, with Douglas in the doorway.

Back