Albina Bassani

In Emma Eliza Bucknell's biography, her maid's name is "Berzani" not Bazzini... check it out, it would be nice to correct her name. Apart from the biography, no I don't have proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Mrs Bassani's granddaughter I can say that her name is spelled correctly - Albina Bassani - as I learned from my mother, Bruna Papetti. In fact, it was misspelled in the original Titanic exhibit that toured some years ago and we, my family, had her name spelling corrected.

Att. Mrs Melissa Mandel: Albina Bassani is undoubtedly spelled correctly. However, we don't have a document that confirms her birth in Rome. Also we have no documented information about her family. Have you any connection with Antonio Bassani's family i.e. his wife Pierina Fusinato or their children Enrica, Battista, Effra, Pietro, Bianca, Ermenegildo that supposedly were her siblings?

Att. Mrs Melissa Mandel : Albina Bassani is undoubtedly spelled correctly. However, we don't have a document that confirms her birth in Rome. Also we have no documented information about her family. Have you any connection with Antonio Bassani's family i.e. his wife Pierina Fusinato or their children Enrica, Battista, Effra, Pietro, Bianca, Ermenegildo that supposedly were her siblings?
We have now added Albina Bassani's birth record (and marriage record), the birth record shows her name registered as Alpina Angela Bassani, in the marriage record it looks more like Alpina Angelo.

View album 73

Yes it does.
Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 08.14.55.jpg

Back