Britannic 2000

I read a similar account of a Type XXI running a mock attack on some British warships and they pulled it off without being detected. Had this boat been available early on, the world would be a very different place now.

Unfortunately for the Germans, they had a predilection for looking for Larry Lightbulb Whizbang Magic Bullet solutions that would give them the decisive edge and in the process managed to squander precious resources at a time when they needed them the most. This tied up production capacity and gauranteed them problems by getting them to spend way too much time on immature technologies and even quite a few dead ends. (The Me-163 managed to kill as many of it's pilots as it did Allied Aircraft. Fueled by high test peroxide, small wonder. That was nasty stuff!)

Getting Russia honked off at them was one very bad move as well. The avalanche that was the Red Army was unstoppable once it got going, and they were all too happy to dish out some payback for Stalingrad.

well the Me 163 Komet was a last ditch effort, i mean come on a rocket interceptor. they didnt have no range, they had good speed and acceleration but no good range. The Fockwulf Tribflugel was a VTOL they were working on when they should have been working on the Volksjager (people fighter) it was a jet fighter but had the Jumo 003 turbo jet engine ridding piggy back on the fuslage behind the pilot. not like the Ta 182 i think it was which is what the Russian Mig was based off of (german design)

They were working on the Volksjager but the problem there was two fold. One being that the glues they had available to bond the wood just didn't hold up that well, (Pilot's don't like aircraft which come apart in mid air for some reason. It upsets them!) and also the shortage of jet engines and especially fuel.

Oddly enough, by some of the accounts I've read, it wasn't an especially tough aircraft to fly though I suspect it would have been too much for the untrained Hitler Youth who were expected to operate them in combat. It didn't have the downright melevolant handling vices of the Bf-109 which made operating that aircraft by any but an experienced pilot to virtually be suicide.

The Komet wasn't the only flirtation with High Test Peroxide (HTP) fueled vehicals. The Walther system used on the Type XXIII was yet another example. This stuff is tricky to handle and they had to be careful to avoid any contamination as it would decompose violently. Post war experiments with HTP fueled subs by Britain, the USA and the Soviet Union showed that this system was sufficiently unsafe that it was abandoned fairly early on. Two experimental subs built by the U.K...the Excaliber and the Explorer...were known sarcastically at the Excruciator and Exploder and were described by one officer as not being for the faint hearted.

Well the jet engines would have been fine but they couldnt build them that well cause the proper materials to make the engine componets last wasnt avaiable so the 262 jet engines (the jumo 003B turbojets) were only good up to 27 hours of use then had to be overhauled. then you couldnt give it too much gas too quick or too little to slow cause you can burn the turbine out or you can cause a engine fire.

Quite a few of the early turbines had those problems. The machines built by the Allies were a lot longer lived because they had access to such strategic materials such as nickle and chromium which made it possible for the engines operate at higher operating temperatures.

Still, the Jumo turbojets were vastly superior to the HTP fueled rocket planes because the fuel itself was safer (Not likely to dissolve the pilot if it leaked..HTP would do that!) and because the aircraft had much longer endurance. Once the Me-163 ran out of fuel, it was little more then a glider loaded with hazardous material and easy meat for any prowling Allied fighter.

well, this has nowher else to go, i was watching the opening scene from 'Britannic' and couldn't help think something was wrong, watch this link and go to 0:50 seconds in, this ship isnt the britannic, although portrayed as it, could anyone enlighten me as to what it is? my first thought is what is might be one of the 'tania's
but that isnt the structure, so now i think it's one of the leviathon class

Is there evidence? many survivors reported a shooting. Eugene Daly, a survivor, reported seeing an officer lying on the deck.

Last edited:
We have nothing aside from a few reports.

Which officers?

1st class passenger Peter Daly did not mentioned anything of that kind. It was 3rd class passenger Eugene Daly who saw an officer lying on deck. (He did not say dead.)
oops. meant "survivors" not Officers. Better fix that, I meant Eugene Daly as well. Charles Pelligrino's book is giving me so much information I can barely keep up with it

Honesty, people claim this is the Britannic sinking from 1916. This is from the Britannic 2000 movie.
1600532869755.png

Here's another:
1600533141205.png

are there any "pictures of Titanic sinking?

Honesty, people claim this is the Britannic sinking from 1916. This is from the Britannic 2000 movie.
View attachment 49963

Here's another:
View attachment 49964

are there any "pictures of Titanic sinking?
I watched this when it first came out. I tried to watch it again recentley (it's on YT if anyone is interested) but I couldn't hang with it and ended up FF most of it. It did have some actors I like a lot but even they couldn't make it good. Some of the CGI
wasn't bad for 20 years ago though.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more it could've been much better done, even with low budget 2000 tech. The parts I find odd are how the movie did the list (fairly certain they could do the real list if they could make the ship list at the end), making it at night when it happened in the day, the odd flooding (I'm unsure if the watter would've reached the grand staircase when the ship goes down and it reaching the engine room feel odd too). The innacuracies could've been avoided too if they cared more about it and didn't only used simon mills to patch the CGI model late in the project. I'm unsure a bomb made out of a bottle dropped in a coal tank would also be enough to blow a hole in the ship's hull. And you, what's your opinion on the sinking scenes?

Back