Inside the Britannic

Hi Martin,

Just to correct you there, the Britannic docomentary is on the National Geographic channel, Feb 5th @ 10 30 pm NZ time. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks Nigel mate!

Nigel and I were on the phone while he keyed E text. as I discovered I had misred the Channel designation When I went to tell Nigel.
Eric and Ken are on this one from what I understand.

Martin

Hi,

Just received an e-mail for Simon Mills about the subject. The NEW Britannic documentary (from the 2003 expedition) is titled "Inside the Britannic" and will air on National Geographic Channel on Feb.15 (no times published yet). Take notice that there is also another documentary with the same title that was aired in 2002.It's not the same one.

Hopefully I will be able to post more details in the Britannic website soon.

Best regards,
Michail

Hello all,

Yesterday 'Inside the Britannic' was on at National Geographic, as per the info from Michail/Simon. But I didn't had the idea I was watching a new documentary yesterday!
As I've never seen the "old" 'Inside the Britannic' (I'm good at missing TV programmes) I can't compare them. Did anyone catch the documentary yesterday and knows more?

The documentary itself had some nice footage (the footage inside the GSC, showing the shattered remains of the dome were spectacular), and the CG images from the 2000 Britannic movie(and perhaps some new stuff) were interesting, but sadly they showed more of the divers preparations to the dive then the ship itself.

The fact that I didn't see anything about mine anchors, a diver commented on his site that at least one was found last year, and that there were GUE divers(they dived Britannic in 1999), got me thinking I was watching the 'wrong' documentary.
Plus, the T-shirts which the men were wearing didn't really help convincing me was watching the new documentary as they showed 'Britannic 99' on the back...
happy.gif

Anyway, to make a long story short; in which countries was the new 'Inside the Britannic' aired yesterday?

Regards,
Remco

Hi Remco,

USA only (according to Simon's e-mail). What about this mine anchor? It's the first time I hear about this.Could you give me the address of the website?

BTW,thanks for your last e-mail. I've already made the correction.

Cheers,
Michail

We watched "Inside the Britannic" on National Geographic +1 here in Britain on Sunday night, 16th Feb. I was quite taken aback with how well preserved the wreck appeared to be. The enclosed promenade deck, for example, was very distinctive as were the glass dome remains over the Grand Staircase. There was also some really nice shots of Britannic, albeit computer-generated. I would have to say that in her hospital ship livery, all sleek and white, she looks much more appealing than the Titanic.

Cheers,

Boz

Does anyone have this on tape? I saw this several weeks ago and I thought the SFX were amazing. I'm not sure when it'll be put on tv again, so I'm asking if anyone is willing to sell/make a copy of this documentary for a price?

Thanks!

Back