Britannic

ian Hough

Dodgy Titanic rip-off about a ship called the Britannic.
Edward Atterton and Amanda Ryan star as the couple whose love crosses social boundaries.

Monday 14 April ITV1 10.30am United Kingdom

Houghie
mad.gif

i watched that. the effects were absolutley awful!! And when they were swimming around trying to get out of the ship, i mean come on the were like holding thier breath for ten minutes. Sorry this film annoyed me a bit.

The movie would have been alot better if they had dressed John Rhys-Davies as Gimli, son of Gloin, from LOTR!!!
He could wield his axe against the Germans!!!
-Don
happy.gif

I also viewed the movie Britannic and it was full of inaccuracies and bloopers, like the German submarine keeping up alongside the ship, let's be realistic, the Britannic was making at least 25 knots at Full Speed, the fastest a WWI sub could travel on the surface was maybe 12 knots, and this is just one of the many grievances I have against this movie.

Brian

Jack, in my opinion, it was way worse. To say that these producers took dramatic license to extremes would be the understatement of the millenium. But watch it and judge for yourself.

The thing I didn't like was the poor storyline, poor computer-generated effects (the water creeping up the stairs did not look like water at all, and the ship sank way too fast)

I can't believe the DVD casing said that it was a best-seller!

>>I can't believe the DVD casing said that it was a best-seller!<<

Oh I can! Whether that particular claim has anything to do with reality is another matter. However I hardly expect the people selling it to say something like "This flick was a stinker which failed in the ratings and was denounced by critics and historians everywhere."

I'd expect somewhat more flattering statements.
wink.gif

Back