Col John Weir

Interesting stuff, Daniel. Dare I ask where you managed to pick those up? Julian is of particular interest to me as I'm fairly familiar with the the Torquay area and had an exhausting time locating his memorial stone in the maddeningly sprawling Hele Road cemetery! Would be interesting, also, to read any recollections he may have had of other fellow passengers.

Thanks,
Ben

Ben,

His letters were partially reproduced (one from a Southampton hotel and 4 from Titanic) in issue #3, 1998 of the Atlantic Daily Bulletin (BTS). You can ask Brian Ticehurst if he still has that issue available, or perhaps he can send you a copy of the pages.

There's even a photo of Julian there as well, but it is the same photo as is seen in George Behe's book Titanic: Psychic Forewarnings of a Tragedy.

Regards,

Daniel.

Ta for the info, Daniel. Seems odd I that overlooked that one when plowing laboriously through the ADB back issues at this years BTS convention.

Best Regards,
Ben

Hello all, I Have an interest in Col. John Weir as I am connected through his second wife, Harriet Mallinson. She was born in West Cornwall, Connecticut in 1857. She was not married in her home town. I have various written stories abt. how she (they) are traveling Europe. In 1904 they are living in London, Eng. but after reading items here it doesn't appear that she is alive and Col. Weir does not have a home in London??? but is staying in a Hotel. My history has them as having three children, Beatrice, Harry and May. One died young, one became a nun and Harry went to California. My questions are: Does any one know where Harriet lived and died? Col Weir's N.Y. address? Where do I obtain a copy of the White Star Line claim for Loss of Life and Property?
I don't know why but I have always been fascinated with the Titanic and it's sinking even before I knew of Col. Weir. My maiden name was Coutts and there was three Coutts' on-board but not related to me. This site is an awesome site. With all good wishes Mary Ehrler

HI MARY
HELEN SAID YOU HAD A QUESTION ,I THINK THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT. IT IS BEATRICE MALLINSON WEIR [WHO
BECAME BEATRICE STUART-SETON OF HAMMERSMITH LONDON WEST.THEIR WAS A HAROLD NOT HARRY.

DOUG

Douglas, could you do us a wee favour and turn off the CAPS lock? ALL CAPS is considered to be shouting on the internet, and rather rude. I know you didn't mean to be rude.

Thanks.

Hello all, I want to thank you all for answering my queries on Col Weir. In my study of the Mallinson family, I found only that he may have died on the Titanic. Your site proved that he did die there and also verified - through Helen that "Hattie" Harriet Mallinson was his 2nd wife. Doug, you seem to know a lot about Beatrice so I will assume that May/Mary is the one that died young (MY records) as they say that Harry/Harold went to California. I have Harriet's birth record, at West Cornwall, Connecticut on 27 Jul 1857. West Cornwall is a spit of a town in Northwest CT. She was not married there as her sisters were. She was mentioned in Church records from the 2nd Congregational Church with the writer being worried where the Mallinson children would end up. The indication was that Harriet and children were trapsing through Europe. She is mentioned in her father's obit as living in London, Eng. in 1904 but is she alive at the sinking of the Titanic??? If your stories here are correct, Col. Weir was living in a hotel in London. hummmmm
Is she dead??? Living outside London or New York??? Where did they meet? Maybe in the Berkshires in Massachusetts - the OTHER Newport, RI Thanks for all your help & with all the very best. Mary E

I am the daughter of Robert Duncan Weir's first son. His name was John Robert Weir, born 21.11.1914, in Proserpine Queensland. My name is Debbie Graham. Interested in hearing from any family members out there.

Hello debbie my name is shauna wisbeck nee weir. I am the great great grandaughter of george weir the brother of colonel john weir. I am from sunderland in england and i have traced my weir family tree should you want to know anything. kind regards shauna

Also a relative

I am a direct decendent of Col. John Weir a first class passenger on Titanic.
My Grandmothers maiden name was Weir and I believe he was her Grandfather.
If anyone has any further information on this or where I can go to get more info please e-mail me or leave a message here.
[email protected]

I know this is a really old thread but I just wanted Helen to know that I am also related to John Weir and have some interesting information about him. He was my Great Grandfather and my Grandfather was Harold Weir. If she wants any more info please contact me at [email protected]
Dee Lowe Horn

At the Titanic exhibit in Fort Worth, Texas, my father received the ticket of this gentleman. It is extremely saddening that Colonel Weir did not live, as he left a widow; it also appears that if he had lived about a month longer, he would have turned sixty years old.

Hi Debbie,my name is weir to my great grand father[5] was a john, to from Ayrshire Scotland he had daughter named jean she was the great grandmother of Andrew Fisher the Prime- inister of Australia.bob weir

Back