Death of Lillian Asplund 19062006

Shelley: In my country, Argentinean, at has not arrived at the news. I have thought about calling to writings of the news. to be thankful information
thank you very much!

Lillian's death made the front pages of both the St. Paul Pioneer Press and the Minneapolis Star Tribune today. Also, there was a small mention of Lillian's passing in today's USA Today.

Shelley,

I noticed you had taken the picture of the Asplund family gravestone found on the FindAGrave site, and was curious if there was mention of the children who perished, since their bodies were never recovered.

Best,
Eric

Just heard about Miss Asplund's death today.

I celebrated my birthday with my family when she was at last reunited with hers. I'm sure she and her father hugged tight. I'm so glad for her - to be with her family again.

Very, Very sad indeed. Lillian may now join the rest of her family and be at peace.

That leaves us with Millvina Dean (Last 3rd class survivor) and Barbara West (Last 2nd class survivor). I have an article from the Ottawa Citizen announcing her death. I was shocked but not suprised.

May Lillian be remembered forever.

- Andrew Maheux

Nice article Eric. Says it all. What a great lady.
Hopefully someone will tend the roses and keep the garden in ship shape.
All my best, Don

Reports are that Ms. Asplund did sit for an interview with the Washington Post several years ago but did not let the reporter photograph her or record the interview. Did that interview ever appear in the Washington Post?

I caught the news on the mailing list as well and I'm very sorry to hear this. Now, only two survivors are left; Millvina Dean and Barbara Joyce West.

Another link to the great ship is gone. She is reunited with her family and can be at peace. Rest in peace, Lillian and may God bless you.

I think the photo of Lillian that has been put in newspapers around the world is such a great photograph. Her smile is radiant and you can see that she resembles the only other photo's that we have ever seen of Lillian that were taken shortly after the disaster in 1912.

Back