Drinks in Third Class

If I am correct the Third Class Galley and pantry was directly aft of the 3rd class aft dining room F-deck, and directly forward of the dog kennels, and the third class smoking room was on C-deck Aft under the poop deck.
I am curious and would appreciate if anyone has any knowledge about how third class men ordered a drink or a pint of stout?
Was this ordered in the smoke room and the steward delivered it from the pantry to the smoke room?
Or was there a specific beer and liquor storage in the smoke room.
I have always felt that it was probably stored in the pantry but I would like to know for certain, if anyone can shed some light on this, I would sincerely appreciate it.
Thank You in advance.

Last edited:
If I am correct the Third Class Galley and pantry was directly aft of the 3rd class aft dining room F-deck, and directly forward of the dog kennels, and the third class smoking room was on C-deck Aft under the poop deck.
I am curious and would appreciate if anyone has any knowledge about how third class men ordered a drink or a pint of stout?
Was this ordered in the smoke room and the steward delivered it from the pantry to the smoke room?
Or was there a specific beer and liquor storage in the smoke room.
I have always felt that it was probably stored in the pantry but I would like to know for certain, if anyone can shed some light on this, I would sincerely appreciate it.
Thank You in advance.
The third class smoking room had a bar located right in front of it, any drink that was ordered was prepared there. It would be resupplied overtime by the storekeepers. The dog kennels weren't on F-deck, as often indicated on the plan by the way, but on the boat deck on the second class promenade.

The third class smoking room had a bar located right in front of it, any drink that was ordered was prepared there. It would be resupplied overtime by the storekeepers. The dog kennels weren't on F-deck, as often indicated on the plan by the way, but on the boat deck on the second class promenade.
Thomas, Thanks so much for that.
So now I know where the drinks were mixed and served, at the bar in front of the third class smoking room.
My only other question is where were they restocked from? The third class pantry?

Back