Hull & Bollard Fragments being sold.

Apologies if there is a previous related thread - I could not find one.

Recently, I ordered a collection that included a fragment of one of Titanic's bollards and a hull fragment. The site I ordered it off of is called White Star Lines (White Star Lines | Titanic Gifts, Merchandise, Memorabilia, Artefacts) and the collection is part of "The Legacy Collection". Comes with signed COA.

As this is my first time ordering such a thing, my question is - is this legitimate? Are such fragments really sold, or am I being taken for a fool? I know there are plenty of fakes, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.

I know John White. He's highly respected and displays White Star Line artefacts around the world. Also the helped so save the SS Nomadic, the last White Star ship afloat.

He only sells real WSL items and not fakes. There are many good sellers out there but you have to be careful with some.

I also deal in real WSL items. If you want to have a look a link to my eBay page is below.

I personally don't own any for sale but there not cheap. John White sells some for £250. I don't know how much that is in the US through.

For £20 a good thing to start collecting is postcards. There plentiful and were sold in WHL offices and ships.

Unfortanlly WSL and Titanic items are expensive in their nature. Other shipping lines including Cunard and Red Star Line is much cheaper.

In fact Red Star Line was part of the IMM and sued the same silverware and china as W

Yes it is genuine, I'm afraid. These fragments were recovered during an illegal rogue expedition, which was conducted in November 2002. I alluded to this in another thread. A certain person who led the expedition sold them to White Star Memories and has made $250,000 profit, from the sales. I wouldn't touch these with a ten foot pole.

Yes it is genuine, I'm afraid. These fragments were recovered during an illegal rogue expedition, which was conducted in November 2002. I alluded to this in another thread. A certain person who led the expedition sold them to White Star Memories and has made $250,000 profit, from the sales. I wouldn't touch these with a ten foot pole.
The pieces came from Dik Barton himself who was Vice President Operations for RMS Titanic, Inc. I know him so it's confirmed. I can't believe your spreading fake news on this group especially since your a staff member.

well.. now i'm even more confused but it appears that you all agree on the authenticity of the rusticle and bollard frgments on sale on their website. they appear to have also an ebay shop, anyone know if its directly connected with the website? I mean is that ebay shop owned by the same owners of the website? im afraid it could be a scam. this is the ebay shop im talking about: whitestarlines_store su eBay

My post was over a year ago.... But I did order them (last I heard they had sold out) and am glad I own them. I was even thinking about purchasing the coal they had, but I wasn't fond of the thin plastic it was displayed in. According to the info I got for the fragments, they were fragments that came off during the desalination process for the "big piece" and the bollard. They were owned in private until 2003. Considering the big piece hull section and bollard were brought up well before 2002, I am legitimately curious what proof exists that it was from an illegal expedition, and if it was, how such sales could have continued for nearly 20 years without being stopped.

You guys bought from the website or ebay shop?
I think that the bollard pieces are better preserved from the pics I've seen, any thoughts?

well.. now i'm even more confused but it appears that you all agree on the authenticity of the rusticle and bollard frgments on sale on their website. they appear to have also an ebay shop, anyone know if its directly connected with the website? I mean is that ebay shop owned by the same owners of the website? im afraid it could be a scam. this is the ebay shop im talking about: whitestarlines_store su eBay
any idea? i also noticed that the website written on the lower left part of the COA is different from whitestarlines.co.uk .

Back